* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

GPatt's Proposed Amendments to Rules / Policy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GPatt's Proposed Amendments to Rules / Policy

Post by gpatt55 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:34 am

Here are my takes on some of the leagues hot button issues.  Let me know what you guys think.

1) Stat Max Amendments
    a. Stat Max should not apply before the start of the 4th Quarter.
    b. If you are up 17 or more in the 4th quarter you must bench any starter who is at or over the stat max limit.
    c. Still a hard line cap on limits, one yard over is over.
    d. Yardage limits by position

i. QBs: 450 yards passing, 100 yards rushing, 5 total TDs
              ii. RBs: 250 rushing yards, 100 yards receiving, 4 total TDs
              iii. WR/TEs: 250 yards receiving, 100 yards rushing, 4 total TDs

e. Penalties: 3 strikes.
              i. 1st offense: 2 game suspension of player who broke max and surrender of first available 3rd round pick.
              ii. 2nd offense: 4 game suspension of player who broke max and surrender first available 2nd round pick.
              iii. 3rd offense: 4 game suspension of player and surrender first available 1st round pick.
              iv. 4th offense: removal of owner from league.

f. Exception: Players will be allowed to break stat max during week 17 of the regular season if a season record is in play for them.  They need to clear it with both the commissioner and their opponent before the start of the game.

2) Quarter Length
     a. Quarter length should be reset to the traditional 7 minutes.
              i. It was moved to 8 minutes because of a glitch in week one that kept clock runoff on.  That issue has been resolved so a return to 7 minutes (without accelerated clock) is probably more in line with NFL totals.  We should check the stats and see if the 8 min pass+rush attempts match real NFL totals.

3) Quitting Penalty
      a. Commissioner will determine penalty in each individual case.
      b. When guys quit games it is almost always out of frustration.  Handing out an immediate harsh penalty may cause them to do something that may damage the league.  Warnings for 1st time offenders (who are in good league standing) are recommended. Harsher penalties for players who have history of breaking rules. Also something like being put on cpu for the following game might be a good idea.

4) Posting Trades on website
       a. Players should have to post trades to website within 1 franchise week (24-48 hrs) after completing a trade.
               i. If the teams in a given trade fail to post the trade online, they will each face 1 game suspension of 1 starting offensive player from next user game.

5) Streaming
        a. Streaming is highly encouraged.
                i. It is good for the league.  When combined with the groupme chat, the league becomes a live interactive experience.  Good for fostering relationships between league members and building brand loyalty.
                ii. Streaming during the regular season is optional. All playoff games must be streamed.

6) No Huddle policy
         a. No Huddling by pressing Triangle is only allowed in the final two minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarters.
         b. If you wish to run an up-tempo no-huddle offense, you may do so only by choosing the no-huddle tempo option in the play-call screen.  NOT by holding triangle.
         c. With the new no-huddle tempo play-calling system, as long as 3-second rule is observed, no-huddle tempo does not affect the game the same way triangle hurry up does.

7) Jags titans trade
• Did anything ever happen with this?  Trade deadline has passed, but a ruling should be made now.  I propose the 1st rounder from Jax stay with Tennesee but Tennessee must give their 1st rounder to Jax.
gpatt55
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GPatt's Proposed Amendments to Rules / Policy

Post by weasel_ on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:52 am

Nice post I was about to make the thread to abolish the stat max all together. Makes sleep sense to me to raise qt length and lower stat max totals. I also think the stat max should e set at out current NFL records. The point threshold needs to be increased from 17 to 24 as well. 17 point lead is nothing in madden 24 is much harder to over come and considered more of a safe score. We have all overcome 17 point defficits rather regularly.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:11 am

I like 8 min qtrs.
I like your new stat maxes if they are required. Also like they don't apply till the 4thqtr. I agree with weasel, should be 24. 17 isn't that big of a lead.
I don't like your no huddle rule. By which I mean, sometimes idk I'm planning to do no huddle until I'm like a yard or to short. Sometimes I'll do it if the D# comes out in a bad D#. I don't want to have to use a TO because I hit triangle without thinking. That is just a natural reflex sometimes. I do however like the idea of being able to run uptempo if so desired.
A case by case basis on quitters sounds like straight up favoritism will come into play. At least it'll be seen that way by the person who gets the harsher penalty. A permanent, structured penalty system should be in place.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:14 am

Nobody trades with me Sad so do whatever on the posting penalties. I'm fine with that.
Streaming of all playoff games should definitely be required. I'm looking forward to that. I'll have my popcorn ready. Lol

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy4td1game on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:16 am

I like most of what Gpatt says here... I still think stat max's, if we have them, should be absurd numbers. Something that if you looked at it you would say damn that's crazy.

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gpatt55 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Weasel - I don't think stat max should be at record level. keep in mind that the stat max is only for blowouts. If you are in a close game it doesn't apply, and under my proposed change, if you can get a record in 3 quarters, then it stands (and wow good on you for getting it). In regards to the point threshold, maybe 21 is a happy medium. I just think 17 is the right number because if it dips below that you can put the starters back in. Good points though.

Maddening - The No-Huddle thing needs to be researched for sure. Its a tough call. It just seems to me like theres a distinct difference between Triangle Hurry up and Up tempo no huddle. This is reflected in the NFL as well. Up tempo teams will get to the line, check over to the sidelines for their play, then go through normal reads of the defense. However sprinting to the line and getting a play off as soon as possible is only seen in clock management situations at the end of halves. Under quitting policy I suggested that the offending party be put on cpu for their next user game. I think thats a good penalty: If you quit one game you automatically lose the next game as well.

Bundy - Setting them too high just encourages running up the score. I think the numbers are set at the right place (maybe 21 instead of 17) and I think the proposal to only apply in the 4th quarter will really help. There will still be opportunities to get records, just not in the 4th quarter of blowouts.

Thanks for the feedback. Keep em coming.
gpatt55
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General_Hon on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:59 pm

4th qtr. Hard to track what qtr guys got their stats in unless they record it. Helps encourage love stream amd recording

No huddle I would draw attention to the substitution strategy. Going no huddle stops opponent from subbing i.e dime defense vs strong I. No huddle so you can't sub is very NFL sim

General_Hon
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GriM-x-ReeFeR on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:08 am

if we are gunna have a stat max the bar should b higher than wat it is at ... we made qrtrs longer so we would have greater stats now lets enbrace that ... thats as complicated as im gunna get to lazy lol
GriM-x-ReeFeR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:12 am

FYI stat max is SET SO YOU GET ALL YOUR WEEKLY GOALS and more!

Stat max only applies in BLOW OUTS and vs CPU
- so get your weekly XP totals and sit your star players!
* there is no need for you to be a DOUCHE and pound a weak player relentlessly! ( besides only assholes do this - so why should jerks have the benefit of all the extra XP when they break NFL records - 25,000 in XP, get "player of the week awards" 10,000 XP (which they don't deserve because they playing a bum) and pad their year end total stats so they win awards and get another 50,000 in XP!

FYI totally unfair to LEGIT guys because vs weak players they are NOT DICKS - they sit out there star players or adjust play calling so that their opponent is not totally humiliated! - Why should these SOLID CITIZENS be put behind the XP eight ball because they are doing what's right? (Conversely jerkoffs who run up stats vs weak players are rewarded with huge XP!)

Only thing stat max does is to stop good balls from manipulating stats for the above reasons!

That's all weasel is concerned about - the clown even let's guys score so the game can be "close" and he can run more stats - totally instane and absolute DICK move!
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy4td1game on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:57 am

Greener you have to understand that we are all competing for year end awards and XP. To allow players to go off for crazy stats in a close game but not allow another player to keep pace or put up big stats because they are winning makes that unfair. For example.. Tillman scored 6 tds yesterday with mike evans a rookie WR.. so if my team jumps out to a lead this week... my rookie WR can not put up numbers to keep pace. He risks not being in the rookie of year talk and possibly losing out on a pro bowl. Do you see how this is a conflict of interests?

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gpatt55 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:55 am

Greeners post does nothing to address the changes I've proposed here. Just reiterates his view on why stat max exists... In other words, thanks for the feedback greener (sarcasm).

Look guys, we've got to get over the "who's right and who's wrong" argument about stat max. No one is changing anyone's minds at this point. The facts are that people in the league are currently unhappy with policy and we have the ability to change. What we need to do is listen to the goals of each side and work together to find a common sense solution. Each side is going to have to be willing to give in order to get. Let's be more flexible and look at things with an open mind. There's a middle road here that we can all be happy with, we just have to be willing to work together to get there.
gpatt55
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top