* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

GIANTS - BroadwayBlitz

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GIANTS - BroadwayBlitz

Post by GREENERRRR on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:48 pm

You have to stop his outside run game... He relies on the 2 best blocking WRs in the game (BENN and BRIIT - both very medicore to average WRs) but they pancake any CB and 2 yard gains are instantly 80 yard TDs...

Possible solution:

Play a 5-2 and spread the DLINE so the DEs are wide in 9 technique...DEs players need to have good STRENGTH BLOCKSHED and PURSUIT...

The 2 DTs and NT need to have high STRENGTH and BLOCKSHED... The default settings have DEs at the DT spot (it's 3 or 4 technique...) - sub in BIG DTs described previously there - then move the DEs to 9 technique as described in prior paragraph (if there the best player for that job - often an OLB would be more suitable...)

Substitute safeties with high STRENGTH - BLOCKSHED and PURSUIT in to the two CBs positions and have your 2 other starting safeties with similar skills (if you have to go and get a couple off FA for this game - do it - there are plenty in FA)

To keep him honest - blitz CB on wide side or the strong side (this will stop the WRs from blocking them...)

Also move CBs to "inside position" of the WR and he may be able to cut inside the play and make a play on RB

or

Do the opposite and play him wide and have the CB in more of a "contain" roll - hell even audible him to "contain responsibility" once in a while...

I think if you do this it will force him to play you straight up - instead of a game where his 2 big WRs just pancake your DBs and your instantly playing with 9 players... (But then again - he probably just snap ASAP and then your screwed) btw if he doesn't snap ASAP after this counter let me know (making a personal list of such chzers for my future reference...)

Great angle he found - huge advantage - I bet everyone is gonna start spending XP different after reading this - clearly he spends all of BRITT's and BENN's XP on BLOCKING (which up to know would be considered an idiot move) but joe makes it work...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GIANTS - BroadwayBlitz

Post by Maddening isn't it? on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:30 pm

Blocking wrs are the way to go. I've spent a bit of xp on my wr run blocking. Its clearly not an idiot move. Easy outside gains, especially when you have a fast rb. I wouldn't spend all of my xp on it because its not needed. Cornerbacks tend to be pussies.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy4td1game on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Since when is it new to have good WR's that block. Key element in the running game......

albundy4td1game
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:31 pm

albundy4td1game wrote:Since when is it new to have good WR's that block. Key element in the running game......

ITS NEW FOR GUYS TO give up on spending XP on the main role of a WR which is catching the ball (this is typically improved by putting XP in catch - catch in traffic - route running - spectacular catch - release - speed etc etc etc...) and instead they prop up a secondary skill like RUN BLOCKING
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:35 pm

and for the record - I had a bunch of XP saved up...

I could have made AKEEM NICKS a 93 speed WR (from a 92 speeed) which is a marginal improvement that will have some benefit...

or

I could make AKEEM NICKS a 75 RUN BLOCKER (from a 59 run blocker) - which will make any outside run that gets past the second level a virtual MONSTOR GAIN (regardless of the speed of the RB...)

what would you choose?
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:45 pm

The run blocking duh? I thought you had a high football IQ and you just figured out that blocking is an important aspect of the game? I would love to see the team you coach in real life play. It's probably a riot.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:49 pm

I'd go with the run blocking. I have Dbowe and crabtree. They are already good receivers so no to improve their wr stats. I can pretty much focus all xp on their RB. Same with Nicks. He is already a quality WR so why mess with his WR stats when you can make your run game better.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:54 pm

I was pissed when broadway drafted Benn man I was sitting on him to be my number 2. Bastard. I got Julio now though. He's got 70 run block now. I'm good with that I want to make him super cheese in the pass game so gona focus in his speed for the next 2 years and bomb it up to 99z.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:11 pm

Maddening isn't it? wrote:I'd go with the run blocking. I have Dbowe and crabtree. They are already good receivers so no to improve their wr stats. I can pretty much focus all xp on their RB. Same with Nicks. He is already a quality WR so why mess with his WR stats when you can make your run game better.
my point is that you may want to consider improving speed - BEING FASTER IS ALWAYS BETTER!!! and spending XP to RUN BLOCK when you could use it on speed is NOT a no brainer... (even in maddden...)
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:35 pm

I didn't say it was a no brainer. I prefer to run so therefore run blocking is more important to me. Also does 1 measly point xtra on speed really make that much of a difference? Like 30-40k xp worth of a difference? I'm mean sure if your going from 98 to 99 speed why not, but from 88 to 89 speed? Not worth the xp in my opinion, but hey we're all different and that's what makes it fun.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Just watch out for Broadway's shotgun counter plays, stuff it with your safety and his run game ain't that spectacular.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by broadway_blitz on Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm not gonna blow up my spot so I'm gonna let the thought process rock

RB is important but .... let me shut up

Thx for the Love

broadway_blitz

View user profile