* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Advice on Assigning XP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advice on Assigning XP

Post by Admin on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:17 am

The way I allocate XP is based on maximizing the amount of XP I will gain over time and maximizing my strengths rather than attempting to create players that are Jack of all trades (master of none). My strategy for each position is a little different but seems to be working. I play Offline CCM as a Coach so your experience may differ a bit depending on how what type of CC you play.

Coach: As a Coach the most important thing you can do for your team is maximize the overall amount of XP your team receives each week. You can purchase XP upgrades for each position allowing those positions to earn additional XP per game. I chose to upgrade XP for my WR’s first then my CB’s since this upgrade would affect the highest number of players (6 WR’s & 6 CB’s). I then chose to upgrade RB’s and then TE’s (3 each). After that I continued to upgrade each position on Level of importance (QB’s, Guards, Tackles, LB’s FB, K, P etc..). After that I saved up for Draft Points. I am currently working on Retirement Packages in order of my greatest need. (QB, HB, WR and then working down). I am currently not worried about resignings or free agents. (I Like to keep my Team Icon’s around as long as possible)

Players
: As a CCM Coach I can allocate XP for Upgrades for each player. I typically try to improve the best attributes first, then work my way back depending on the player. The most important trait for all positions appears to be the development trait, which improves the speed at which a player will develop (gain improvements to stats). Building this up to ‘Superstar’ is Ideal but expensive and hard to accomplish for minor role players on your team. By using the XP model you will quickly see the rich get richer and the rarely used players languish. (The one exception to this may be in the goals section. You will notice that Offensive lineman that never play a down will still gain XP for reaching a team goal of 4500 Passing yards or 2400 Rushing Yards. It almost makes sense to keep extra Lineman around just so they can soak up the free XP.)

Quarterback
: The most powerful upgrade appears to be the clutch trait. This trait affects the overall rating of the QB and most importantly the ENTIRE offensive line during the last couple minutes of the game if you are behind by 8 or less points in the game. This one trait for the QB makes it exceptionally powerful and should be purchased first. I then purchase passing upgrades for my highest rated passing attribute. If my QB has SAC of 90, MAC 88, DAC 86 then I will upgrade my SAC up to 99 and adjust my passing game accordingly until I can upgrade the categories. Unless you have a mobile QB and like running around the field at that position I don’t see any value in improving your Physical attributes. Even the coveted Throw Power rating isn’t going to be as important until after you get your DAC rating up.

for the rest of the article (that includes all the other positions) - click the LINK BELOW:

http://www.madden-school.com/a-strategy-for-assigning-xp-in-connected-careers/

This article was reproduced with permission from our friends at www.madden-school.com

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://maddengroup.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Advice on Assigning XP

Post by RIPxPatTillman40 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:10 pm

whn i assign XP i mostly just focus on upgrading speed at each position to a number im comfortable with thn i worry about the rest of the attributes later LB 87+speed, WR 95+ n 6'1 or taller CBs 95+ n 6'0 or taller, Safties 92+ n 6'1 or taller, next its Hit power to 99 on safties n all LBs

RIPxPatTillman40
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:19 am

RIPxPatTillman40 wrote:whn i assign XP i mostly just focus on upgrading speed  at each position to a number im comfortable with thn i worry about the rest of the attributes later  LB 87+speed, WR 95+ n 6'1 or taller CBs 95+ n 6'0 or taller, Safties 92+ n 6'1  or taller, next its Hit power to 99 on safties n all LBs

Good point tillman - and that makes perfect sense for your style of play - YOU ARE DEADLY WITH THE HITSTICK - so hitpower is going to be a real advtage with you..

I dont have the stick skills you guys have - So awar4eness is important for me at all positions - I need the 10 players i dont control to do their job as effectively as possibly - so high awareness will help that...

But you also mention attributes that are position specific - obviously if spped is important to WR - CB - RB etc - but of you have a POCKE PASSING QB - adding to his speed may not be smart - sure everyone is better if they are faster but if you could improve other ratings like THP and accuracies (SAC MAC DAC) you get more out of those improvements...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top