* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

How to stop ThaNextOne (TEXANS) run game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to stop ThaNextOne (TEXANS) run game

Post by GREENERRRR on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:54 pm

TheNextONe probaly run the toss better than anyone i have seen - and he has the best RB in the game to do it (FREEMAN) - but its easily countered (well not to easy - took me 3 quarters to cpome up with adjustment because the standard adjustments i generally used werent working)...

His entire run is based on TOSS - COUNTER action (the general priciple says "if the defense is in man = run TOSS to the strong side... if he is in zone = run COUNTER to weakside) but he will mix it up... - generally if u play a COVER 2 (with CB in the flat that have decent pursuit) - they will turn in any TODD play and your LB will make the fill tackle on any cut backs - thats why he would look to run CONTER because the weakside LB often takes an over pursue angle and he can cut inside of hgim - than outside to the endzone - and if he has a motioning wr - the WR canty block down on the Weakisde back making teh play even easier to execute...

what i did to stop this:

1 Play a 3- 4 defense...

2 Sub in RUNSTOPPING DL (if you dont have BIG runbstopping DE - sub DT in for them and be damned on what the overall rating says - no sense having a 255 pound DE playn 3 or 4 technique at DE - he will just get blown away by the Guard and Tackle - its an easy mismatch block for even a medicore OL) - its best to have DL that have STRENGTH - BLOCKSHED and SIZE to play this poistion - WHAT THIS DOES IS STOP ANY INSIDE RUNS THAT HE MAY TRY TO DO - he only tried to run a couple on me (but i have monstor run stopping DL) - but if u can show he cant get any yards between the tackles - HE WILL GIVE UP RUNNING THERE... so sub in youyr BIG HOGS and let them do what they do best...

3 Sub in LB and SAFETIES with high pursuit and awareness - the next important ratings are speed and hitpower (nice to get some fumbles)

4 Shift your LBs to the strong side (he usually ran from the strong formation) - so that is generally the TE side of teh field... - but take control of the WEAKSIDE LB and sift him way to the outside (like 9+ technique) - dont worry about 6 - 7 responsibility - thats covered in next adjustment... The key is have this LB wide so he can attack thye counter UNTOUCHED and any motioning WR will have a tuff blocking angle...

5 Shift the DL to the weakside this will put your weakside DE (who is a really a DT in 6 technique - head up on tackle - the NT and other DE should be in 2 teqniue on oppisite guards) - they are still in good position to stop any insiude runs - and help out on the counter (but wont be amble to make any play on the toss BUT WHO CARES - THEY WOULDNT ANYWAYS WITH THE SPEED OF FREEMAN! besides the 3 other LBs, CB and Safety on that side will be looking to stop the toss...

6 move the Strong side safetly wider and cloer toi the LOS - so he can help attack the toss (ideally the CB has primary Contain - OLB & S is HARD primary FILL... Strong side LB is looking for CUTBACK and the weakside MLB is cleaning up garbage and helping to stop any INSUIDE RUNS with the 3 DL)...

This is the adjustment i made in his last series - (game was tied with 2 minutes left - and he went 3 and out - giving the opportuinity to win the game in my fianl drive)... It worked perfectly...

* the key to this is the DL being able to stop teh inside run in a 3-4 defense - which can be hartd to do - but if you have teh run stopping hogs it can be done - regardless - this adjustment will stop his TOSS - COUNTER dominate gameplan...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to stop ThaNextOne (TEXANS) run game

Post by chizz522 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:28 pm

Good Write bro. Wish we had more activity like this
chizz522
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile