* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

I think we need a rule clarification

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I think we need a rule clarification

Post by dtigertron on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:26 pm

The problem is that the game doesn't let you tell the o-line who the "mike" is. In real life the center or quarterback tell the o-line, make sure you block that blitzer. We don't have that in this game. We can only tell them to pinch, block right, or left. Then we can tell the HB to block left or right, but not a particular person. I hope they put that in game next year.
dtigertron
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Vista3131 wrote:
Maybe I am wrong I don't know but if it were up to me the only rule I would care about is Punting when your suppose to punt, PUNT. Kick a FG when your suppose to kick a FG and Going for it on 4th down when only it is appropriate to go for it on fourth down.

I truely wish a league would work but now that I have been in so many I am realizing that it will never work just make the best of the league you are in but 32 players just playing and having fun doing it never going to happen. Because everyone has different opinions and thats O.K.

thats just it 0 many have different opinions of what is SIM and what is not... earlier this year -some1 was compolaining about me not kickn 33 yard field goal on a 4th and 3 in the 3rd quarter - when i was up by 10...

in the game previous to this - i had missed a bunch of EZ field goals (due to the kickn gm lag)... in this game -0 the kick off were a total shot show for both of us... IN MY EYES - THIS 33 YARD FIELD GOAL WAS FAR FROM A CERTAINTY - when in the NFL it would have been made probably 90% of the time - and if i was playn offline - i would make 99 times out of 100 - but with the lag - i gave my chances less than 20%... so - i had to do a RISK VS REWARD ANALYSIS - kick a field goal - which would still keep my opponent within 2 scores of tieing (and the that field goal was ginna be a likely misss anyways) OR gamble on 4th down - (i had been running the ball for an AVG of 5 yards a carry ALL GAME - stuffed seldomly at the LOS - i have a strong run game) - if i converted - i would MINIMUM RUN ANOTHER 2 MINUTES OFF THE CLOCK - and i could kick the field goal again at a closer range make it easier to make - or possibly even score a TD - and REALLY PUT MY OPPONENTS BACK AGAINST THE WALL WITH A 3 SCORE LEAD... i decided to gamble - and score the TD ... (of course my opponent didnt complain til AFTER THE GAMBLE (which i have an issue with - if u r gonna complain about something like this - do it b4 the play - and dont wait to see if u stop the conversion b4 u complain - GUARANTEE IF I WAS STOPPED - HE WOULDNT HAVE SAID A WORD - THATS BOGUS)... ANYWAYS - point is - he didnt see at as SIM - andi broke new rules - and maybe in an NFL game - it would not be SIM either - BUT COINSIDERING THE CIRCUMSTANCE WITH THE LAG - AND MY LACK OF SUCCESS EARLIER THAT DAY KICKN FIELD GOALS - I STAND BY THE DECISION...

my point is - WHAT IS SIM AND WHAT IS NOT SIM IS SUBJECTIVE,,, we have rules in place on WHEN U MUST PUNT - to make it more clear in obvious punting situation - BUT AT MIDFIELD - their is a gray area on this and u only HAVE TO PUNT WHEN INSIDE YOUR 40 - and u are allowed to gamble on 4th and inches anywhere on the field... - so as long as REASONABLENESS CAN SUPPORT YOUR DECISION AS SIM - AND THEIR IS LOGIC BEHIND IT - thats the standard - if u r just a game room clown who gambles every 4th down - thats not gonna work in our group
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

IOR rule should be revisited

Post by mblammers on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:17 am

PaPZ187 wrote:Thanks for that video bro, now we dont have to deal with the "I didnt know" BS!

Just one question regarding the IOR is that what it really is on the video? When Greener wrote about it he was saying that they actually run to one side, then run at an angle in which they are actually losing yards (going backwards?) then turn it up. The KR you posted looks legit to me, I mean all you gotta do is control one of the guys on the coverage team to force the returner inside or make the tackle, doesnt seem unrealistic at all to me.

There is bad AI and pursuit angles on defense as well, your return just looked like you were going inside then saw a hole to the outside, thats all. IMO its up to the USER to contain the returner. Now from what Greener posted seemed like total BS, but that KR you posted looks legit to me. Just want a clarification, as if someone beat me on that return I wouldnt think twice about it till I saw this video.

I agree with PaP 100%.

1. The video is a great tool for letting us know what is and what isn't ok. Nice work.
2. The video does NOT show what GREENERRR was describing as an IOR at all. It looks completely legit to me. I forget what game it was, but yesterday in REAL FOOTBALL I watched a return man do the EXACT SAME THING as what that video shows. He started towards his blockers, and then busted it outside for a huge gain. I couldn't describe what I saw better than that video shows it.
3. As far as Falcon's point that he can do it every time, I don't think that's true. Also, keep in mind that in the video, the lead blocker was repositioned. Can you return it for a TD every time without controlling the lead blocker? Have you tried to control your kicker to act as a safety valve to prevent big returns? Have you adjusted your roster to put more effective people on special teams? Have you tried different coverage plays and directional kickoffs?
4. I'm not saying that I'm right. It could be that that the return game is so glitched out in this game that we need to reign it in with an artificial rule. However, I think it should be looked in to more thoroughly. Special teams is a PART OF THE GAME. People spend draft picks on return men, and practice returns just like other people practice being dominate in the run game. If you are getting a lot of kickoffs returned on you it MIGHT be your skills or your players talent or whatever. Like I said, I could easily be wrong, maybe that return is a glitch, but to me it looked exactly like what happens on any given sunday.
5. One of the mainstays of the leagues rules system is video EVIDENCE. It is preached over and over that you should have evidence of a violation before you make an accusation. It seems odd then, that we would put a rule in place based on an inaccurate description without video evidence.
6. Now that the video shows a different dilemna than what the rule was put in place to prevent, I think the governing council should discuss and revote.

my .02

mblammers
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:08 pm

those are all good point blammers, and i agree with you on all of them but here's the thing with kick returns this year...

apparently nobody actually read the explanation as to why it's so stupid easy to return kicks, so i'll explain again in greater detail. the cpu ai all takes ONE pursuit angle and ALL possess the SAME procedural awareness. they do not pick lanes, they do not contain and they certainly do not take proper angles. SO, if you run to one spot around say the 15, you've got the entire cpu's ai focused on ONE area, so when you cut back you essentially have one or two defenders to outrun since you've taken the rest out of the play by 'faking' inside.

i don't think this should be legal, i think when returning kicks you should run forward and look for a seem, none of this go fake out the ai and run the other way. this was my first try with cribbs but i can do it over and over and over...give me someone like sproles and you best hope you can kick the ball out of the endzone. if thats how we want it than hey, by all means lets vote and make it legal.

i was just trying to point out the CLEAR faults of the ai since everyone rather just debate endlessly, we need a measuring tool...and if this kickoff return is legal than we might as well make the IOR legal as well as they both are derived from the same concept of abusing the ai. the only difference with mine is i wanted to show you that the additonal lateral movement is not needed, its just an extra step whereas you can achieve the same result by just waiting until the cpu has overcommited, which they will do. everytime.
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top