* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Chizz League Difficulty

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chizz League Difficulty

Post by DB74277 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:58 pm

I was recently told after a realistic game this past week that Chizz is switching back to All Madden. I pray this is not the case. Actual NFL Football is so much more similar on Madden when it is played on All Pro, without qeustion. I honestly thought this was obvious with 10 pics a game and 500 yards rushing by both teams, that people would catch on. But Alas, people whose teams perform better on All Madden just want to win. It is not about the fact that everything, the stats, the flow of the game, the drives, everything that happens on All Pro, more passing yards, less interceptions, less perfect blocking, is all more like how NFL games are played. Tom Brady, 500 yards, CAM NEWTON 400 yards, and even CHAD HENNE 400 yards this past week and people are telling me that my recievers are manipulating the AI. Well yea recievers do manipulate the H.I. (Human Intelligence) in actual games. If you look at the statistics, or even objectively judge a game on All Pro vs All Madden, you will see the obvious connection between games on All Pro and the NFL compared to games on All Madden. This should not be some complicated chess style video game, it should be a video game played to resemble the type of play that happens on Sunday in the real NFL, not because you get frustrated by people passing the ball, or like the fact that ur elite CBs can pick off Manning Rodgers and Rivers 6 times a game, which has probably happened once, if that, in each of their respective careers. In my other leagues, which are also serious, it is overwhelmingly thought of that All Pro is unquestionably the correct sim-style difficulty to play on in 12 and it is the difficulty, to my knowledge, in every one of the franchises that is run by that particular group of sim players. I dont know how long I want to change my strategy and approach to play on All Madden when it isnt even true sim football in my eyes because of the obvious difference in stats, flow of the game, etc... IT IS JUST MORE UNREALISTIC WITHOUT QUESTION. Please for the sake of sanity, practicality, objectivity and common sense please keep the difficulty on All Pro. I don't know how many dedicated players want to play these unrealistic games much longer, but I know I don't. Again I dont even know if the difficulty has been changed except that 1 person told me it was, and I don't expect to have a say I just thought it was obvious and seems to me some people are skewing the way football is played so their team can perform better.
Lets look at what sim football is suppossed to be, not what frustrates us or our particular this and that, it should be an objective decision about what difficulty more resembles the type of NFL that is played on Sunday. Isnt that the main job of any SIM football community, to replicate the type of football that is depicted by NFL athletes on Sundays?? The game isn't perfect, and everyone knows speed is more important than it should be, but that has been known by anyone who has read a board or forum about Madden since atleast Madden 10. This isn't anything extremely new, but this game is more realistic than the last, but not on All Madden and not on Rookie either.

And for those of you who have not taken notice the blocking on All Madden is much better therefore the rushing yards are less on all pro. Look at the statistics, there will be a game or 2 but if u really want to make an educated arguement add up the teams passing vs rushing yards on all madden and all pro and the number of interceptions per game on all madden compared to all pro and ull see, very soon into the process that the games, stats, flow of the game, and everything about it are more realistic on All Pro than on All Madden.

Someone said another MG league was all pro and DEATHWISH in MSL, along with every other franchise in MSL is on All Pro. And its definitely not because people use words like moist vagina or hes just scared when having an educated debate about the pros and cons of All Madden vs All Pro. Im 1-1 in this league and have played 2 drastically differnet games. This was the case in my first 2 games of another franchise. 3 INTs and 200+ rushing yards and than 250 passing yards, 3 tds, 2 pics, and 117 rushing yards, pretty much realistic stats and game in general when it was changed.

Last edited by DB74277 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:04 pm; edited 3 times in total

DB74277

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chizz League Difficulty

Post by BlckMagik on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:16 pm

TL;DR

BlckMagik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chizz522 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:22 pm

How about we have a vote for all pro or madden?? i was told by greenerr that people were bitchin about all pro and i should put it to all madden or they would start leaving.. Lets set up a vote DB....Can you do that??
chizz522
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DB74277 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:41 pm

You can vote all you want on what yal want the difficulty to be but it just makes it less like sim football on all madden, which is in the proof of the stats, AP ran for 350+ on 21 carriers and on the Cards 2 shitty HBs ran for 300 yards on 15 carries combined and the INTS werent even comparable from week 2, on all pro, to week 3. Another MG league is on all pro, deathwish and my SBLO league is, all of the prestigious leagues i know of are on all pro and it seems pretty obvious to everyone by gameplay and stats that the purest form of SIM football is on all pro. So if someone can prove these obvious disconnects between real NFL stats and games and what is going on on All madden it will just show that it is a popularity contest and not in the spirit of sim football and what sim football is about. I mean if u want to have a popularity contest and choose whats popular, do what u want, but if you want to have the purest Sim experience madden 12 can offer than you will choose all pro. I even heard ppl say my team is better on all madden while they were using words like ur just scared, and ill run for 800 yards on u on all pro, when they dont know on average, a large average, there are less running yards per game on all pro. So its simply do u want to have a popularity contest or do what you think would best depict what happens on NFL sundays, which is the reason I sign up for these leagues in teh first place, not to win, not to be biased on what difficulty its on based on my team. Another point I dont know if I already made is that it is a passing league, people are running the ball 75% of the time when it is a 60/40 passing league and maybe 50/50 for some teams. SO your the commish but its all out there and I mean I would not quit right away or n e thing, but I certainly dont think it would be depicting the most accurate sim style of football. It would just be, what difficulty do I LIKE to play, not how do NFL teams play and what difficulty best represents that when playing Madden 12.

DB74277

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mos3ttiKid22 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:15 pm

All-Pro is better than All-Madden. All-Madden is pretty much speed dominates the game, All-Pro is closer to their skill levels, thats why all the Madden Stupid Leagues are set to All-Pro Laughing But i dont care, if we switch back to All-Madden, be prepared to stop Chris Johnson when you play me Wink
Mos3ttiKid22
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile http://maddengroup.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DB74277 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Mullet League in MG is on All Pro too

DB74277

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolvIE19 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:32 pm

I dont care either way. But back in the day the madden manual used to always say that all madden EVERYONE plays at an all madden level. And on All pro they to the attributes. just like chizz said. And ranked online play is always all pro.

WolvIE19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DB74277 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:57 am

It sounds to me like the players playing to their attributes instead of every player the same seems a lot better to me. Even kavorka after our last game knew there was no way my 4 pics and massive amounts of yards rushing were on me, it was all CPU picks and the ridiculous AI blocking. Mullet League and almost every other sim league is on all pro because it's more realistic, not because players in different franchises are better or worse it's because it's the most accurate depiction of NFL on Sunday, which should be every SIM leagues first and main objective.

DB74277

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DB74277 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:01 am

*delete*

Last edited by DB74277 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

DB74277

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:55 am

Mos3ttiKid22 wrote: All-Pro is better than All-Madden. All-Madden is pretty much speed dominates the game, All-Pro is closer to their skill levels, thats why all the Madden Stupid Leagues are set to All-Pro Laughing But i dont care, if we switch back to All-Madden, be prepared to stop Chris Johnson when you play me Wink

we dont care what Madden Stupid Leagues does btw...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:59 am

Persdonally in my league we are going to play out the season and see how things work out... i know there was a STEEP learning curve this year - but guys are far morre careful with the bal this now than they were the fiorst week the game was released - (You just cant make the same passes that u could in 11 - and i dont think thats necessarily a bad thing) - guuys will improve - guys will get better... a bet in a month this isnt even a debate - and the players playn at ALL MADDEN will improve their play more because they have been playn at a higher difficulty...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DB74277 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:16 pm

yea players improving more on all madden vs all pro is definitely not going to be the case. Unless you want to get better at throwing to the open WR, than maybe but the running game on All Madden is ridiculous with the AI blocking, so in turn you would get worse at running the ball. Ull see in ur records after a full season that the running backs will break every record and the INTs are outta this world too, and that'll show. You can just look at the statistics for the 32 teams on All pro vs. All Madden, like the ridiculous ones I mentioned before. Plus if you are really good you should be able to have more of an affect on the game on All Pro than on All Madden because your play is incrementally better when playing on All Pro the AI is incrementally worse, therefore it is more of a user vs. user battle and not the CPU doing most of the work (INTs, Run Blocking) but Greenerrr u've helped me out a bunch and we can both have educated conversations, maybe not with clowns in the background in blast chat, but we're just going to have to agree to disagree. Glad that it is back on All Pro though, and I didn't want to get political about the leagues its just the difficulty I believe to be the most accurate depiction of the football played on Sundays. Glad I got some responses though I always like a healthy debate.

DB74277

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:50 am

just played my first game on allpro in chizz league - it was bad for different reasons than what DB descibed - here are a few hilites:

opponent only ran inside handoff / draw out of 4 wr set - so i stopped going to a nick or dime and just kept a RUN STOPN 4-6 defense out - (intuuitively if he would have passed i would have been toast because i would have had 2LBs tryn to cover 2 WRs - which is a huge mismatch) - but the oppisitye should be true if he tried to run - because he had 5 OL and 4 WR tryn to block 4 DL and 6 LBs - but what do u know? the draw works like a master piece ((and yes i had both of my safeties up too) and this happened 2 or 3 times - this play should have been a 2 yard loss ON GENERAL FUNDEMENTAL FOOTBALL PRINCIPAL ALONE!

- jUST LIKE LAST YEAR - dbS DROPPIN THE EASIEST OF PICS - u never had that on all madden - if u threw a bad ball at a db it was very likely to be picked off - and thast the way it should be!

-My opponent like runnin his counter - which made sense when i was in zone - but i quickly adjusted and started playhn man and BLITZING directly into the counter - thats a LIGHTS OUT play for the defenwse (well should be) - but not on all pro - some how the idiot CPU controlled players blitzing right at the RB just let him run past him - (and this happened more than once!)

- I noticed the good ole crossing routes were the MONEY plays luike they were early last year vs MAN defense - and i have fast CBs (all have spd in teh 90s) but his wr ROUTINELY got open when playn man against crossing routes - it would be fine if it was once in a while - but i didnt stop 1 - and he must have complete 4- crossing routes vs man...

granted this was my first week experience will allpro and i am wiling to giuve it more of a try but with a start like this - it seems like ALL-PRO is equally bad as ALL MADDEN but for different reasons...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DB74277 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:29 am

yea id def agree with u that all pro and all madden are bad for different reasons, thats for sure. But I just like how the scores, flow of the game (not a million turnovers) and statistics play out relative to the NFL. The run game seems better in 12 altogether but in my experience running is a lot more successful on all madden and people end up running 75% of the time as well as for fear of throwing pics. Im glad that my 2 most serious leagues, this one and SBLO are on the same difficulty and Im starting to get more accustomed to 12 so hopefully a lot of the things that are frustrating I will learn the ins and outs of. From what I've gathered Route Running is also important when making cuts and getting open after the cuts, making speed less important for the WR and DB in this situation. This is frustrating for me as I have mostly fast DBs and fast young WRs with lower RR but it shouldn't affect things like crossing routes and strait routes from what I gathered about the function of RR and its increased value in 12.

DB74277

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top