* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

How ULTIMATE STRETEGIST Lg will run... plus Q & A with myleaguemanger founder Derek Adams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How ULTIMATE STRETEGIST Lg will run... plus Q & A with myleaguemanger founder Derek Adams

Post by GREENERRRR on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:42 am

The brief - 4 sentence discription doesnt do the Madden ULTIMATE STRATIGIST LG justice in the opening paragraph! This LG takes the dynamics of team building to its extreme...

We will kick off the season with our 32 player Fantasy draft (of course with the "stand by player" system i developed in place) - There will be 32 humans at the Fantasy draft - If a player doesnt show for the draft HE WILL BE REPLACED BY 1 OF OUR STAND BY PLAYERS (these stand by players are the top 5 players on our wait list); When u get 32 people together for a FANTASY DRAFT, its a virtually certainty that at least 1 or 2 will be a "draft day no-show" (its human nature - unexpected things come up at the last minute) but the Madden Group doesnt allow the CPU to select players in its FANTASY DRAFTS (the CPU does a horrible job - the first 2 pics will be ok but pics 3-9 will be an older FB,TE, K, P and O-LINE) this enevitably creates a weak team before we even start the year - WE WONT ALLOW THAT!

After the initial FANTASY DRAFT we SIM year 1 (your probably wondering why we would SIM the 1st year) - If we plan to do double drafts each year, if we dont SIM year 1 than the final season would be year 9... This would be anti-climatic (seeing there are only 10 seasons in Online Franchise play) - so by simming year 1, the last season will end on year 10... After the 1st year is SIMed, we will have our scheduled ROOKIE DRAFT but the offseason is not complete... You will have to resign your players who have contracts due (within salary cap limits), release players you do not want to offer contracts to (which creates more cap) and BID on other Free Agents... When these offseason tasks are settled, we begin play in year 2 and complete as scheduled...

At the end of season 2 we have our standard offseason tasks which includes: having salary Cap adjusted down to reflect changes in rosters due to RETIRED PLAYERS, resigning players contracts who have come due (and who u want to retain), releasing players you dont want to pay the REQ'd contract (salary is based on players OVERALL RATING), Bidding on the players w/o contracts that teams have passed up aka FREE AGENTS, developing a draft plan by "scouting" the rookie draft pool and formulating a draft board and than finally executing that plan in the annual ROOKIE DRAFT - all of this is done while maintaing your team within the designated SALARY CAP... This will take us to the beginning of SEASON 3 and this entire season will be SIMULATED within a few hours - and we will repeat our standard offseason tasks... Which leads us to our next playing year - season 4, this season is played like any other standard online franchise...

At the completion of season 4 we begin the above metioned process over - Simulating season 5 and playing season 6... Than we simulate season 7 and play season 8 and finally simulate season 9 and finish the league off by playing season 10...

Clearly the offseason strategies of the game are created and exemplified in form of Online Franchise... If you can manage your team better, you will have stronger players and a greater chance of winning... In addition, the quiker pace of advancement puts greater emphasis on developing players for the future BUT dont lose site of the hear and now because you wont stand a chance in the upcoming season...

If you have any other questions - pls do not hesitate to ask... there are no dumb questions - lets hear them so we can ensure there is an answer before we start...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How ULTIMATE STRETEGIST Lg will run... plus Q & A with myleaguemanger founder Derek Adams

Post by GREENERRRR on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:04 am

I understand that this salary Cap idea sounds like it may be a difficult thing to implement - but it is not... Myleaguemanager does all the work for us (along with a complete and detail stat tracking and independent awards - including probowl)... All we have to do is manage our team and the website gives us all the necessary data required to make th ebest decisions for our team...

The site is user friendly and even after only a few minutes you are confident on its intracacy... Its learning give is flat!
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How are salaries calculated??

Post by GREENERRRR on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:24 am

How are salaries calculated???

salaries are determined by the website myleaguemanager... There is no direct "overall" calculation for each position (nothing like take your overall value and divide by 3) - that would never work, different POSITIONS have different VALUES (example an 88 overall FB is not worth the same as an 88 overall QB)...

I am sure there is a specific formula that determines the base contract for player initially (customized to each position) and what there resigning level would be - possibly even considering their POTENTIAL...

What i do know is that the system works - they have perfected it over the years of use... And because this system is WEB-BASED, if a certain position takes on more importance next year (example OFFENSIVE LINE play becomes more critical for Madden 12) - the design team can increase RESIGNING and INITIAL ROOKIE size of the contract for that position to reflect the greater demand for that type of player - of course the inverse would be true for players in positions that are seen as less critical for success...

I will continue to investigate this aspect of our form of play and get our members a more sysinced clarification around players initial salaries and how the salary is determined for re-signing...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How is players CONTRACT LENGTH determined?

Post by GREENERRRR on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:56 am

How is player's CONTRACT LENGTH determined?

The length of contracts is standardized by the commish... of course this is an important fact to know when drafting players in the FANTASY DRAFT (if you have to choose between 2 EQUAL players, the player with the longest contract left will be of the GREATER VALUE)...

Understanding the need to know this - we will standardized the length of contracts based on # of years played by that player - all contracts are the same for everyone... Examples:

We can make contract lengths 4 years... Therefore players in their rookie season, year 4,8,12,16 would have 4 years left on their contract... players in year 1,5,9,13,18 will have 3 years left in their contract... players in year 2,6,10,14,18 have 2 years left in their contract... players in years 3,7,11,15,19 will have 1 year left in their contract and players in years 4,8,12,16,20 contracts expire at the end of the year AND WILL NEED TO BE RESIGNED!

This standardization will allow you to consider how long a player has in his current contract before you select him in your FANTASY DRAFT... (but of course you should consider that we are simulating year 1 as well - so that adds another wrinkle in your personal player prioritization...

Rookie players are given various lengths of contracts to begin their carreers... I am not sure how its calculated exactly BUT, intuitively I believe higher value players (considering selection order in the draft, potential and position) may get a SHORTER contract and players with lower value players (selected later, have a lower potential and less critcal position) are given a LONGER contract... I will investigate this furthur and get a more accurate and complete answer to you...

GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How ULTIMATE STRETEGIST Lg will run... plus Q & A with myleaguemanger founder Derek Adams

Post by GREENERRRR on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:41 pm

How does the "sync" function work between our League and myleaguemanager?

This is a question that has been asked of me by a few members - from what i understand thhe commish can initiate a sync at anytime - this will update rosters, records and stats to reflect whats happening EXACTLY at that point of time in our League - myleaguemangaer imports this data directly from EA servers...

As mentioned in earlier posts - (as i understand things) individual can initiate "mini syncs" if they drop a player and what this information to reflect their roster, slary cap and free agent list - If you drp a player in the game and than drop the player on myleaguemanger - the site will prompt you for user your user name and password and make the myleaguemanager site reflect the changes you made - this is a great benefit because it allows you to make changers to your roster and you dont have to wait for the commish to sync in ordewr for you to see the effect of the change to your team...

GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Please note the information i have provided in this thread is based on my limited experience with myleaguemanager - the site is easy to learn and i am becoming more of an expert everyday - but for our members benefit - Derek (the founder of myleaguemangaer) has agreed to eyball this thread and answer questions and clarify my answers than i have provided...

And i personally want Derek to not worry about STEPPING ON MY TOES - if i explained myleaguemanager functionality incorrectly (or poorly) - PLEASE SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT!!! lol...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:28 pm

How does the player Ranking function work at myleaguemanager?

We tried to develop a player ranking system last year - but it fell apart... I am redoubling the effor5ts for 2012... I have investiagted several 2 player ranking system and although ELO's system does not coinsider the score differential of games (as it was originally based on chess) - i doint think thats actually a bad thing as it illiminates he motivation for guys to run the score up on weaker opponents...

What i do like about ELO's system is how it recognizes "qualkity of opponent" in its analysis... Afterall beating the top ranked player should have more of an impact on your rating if you had beaten the worst ranked player...

I would lo0ve to know how myleaguemanager developed its ranbking system and what are the primary influences that effect movement in the rankings...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetstick on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:19 am

I was wondering about the salary cap level. Is it hard to stay within salary cap? It seems to me that the salary cap needs to be set in a way to force guys to make decisions on who to retain on their current roster and who to bid on (and how high to bid) in the free agent list.

Makes no sense to have a salary cap to high (where guys can sign whoever they want without consequence) and having it to low makes bidding on free agents impossible. So how do ypou figure this out?

sweetstick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

summary of additions to myleaguemanager

Post by GREENERRRR on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:52 am

Beyond its already great system, myleaguemanager will provide:

- complete player contract data; an exact reproduction of the conrtracts in offline franchise...
- In addition to its current free agent system (which has Contract renewals, free agent bidding etc) myleaguemanager have added contract negotiations, cap penalties, player holdouts...
- player salaries will be the exact same as offline franchise...
- draft pic trading can be enabled and TRACKED BY myleaguemanager...
- Player resigning period overhauled to give contract negotiation a more realistic feel...
- Draft boards will correctly draft for owners who cannot make a draft...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:02 am

Its great to hear all the new innovations to the salary cap system at myleaguemanager... Its going to make this LG even more complete!

From what i understand initial player salaries will be teh same as what they have listedin the offline franchise mode... Will we be able to look up players salaries of potential player we are considering to fantasy draft before we select them?

Perhaps there will be database we can reference at myleaguemanager that will have all salaries and remaining years left on contracts listed - obviously knowing this info before you draft someone is critical...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:05 am

With the salary cap system - owners must consider the effect the impact of a players salary has on the entire team before he selects them...

In our fantasy draft LG - will there be a way to possibly "sync" partially drafted rosters (say every 5 rounds) so that players drafting have an idea "where their at" in regards to their current pick and available salary cap space????
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Questions from boltsbbound

Post by GREENERRRR on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:18 pm

boltsbbound is a founding member of the MG - he is excited about the possibnilities of the ULTIMNATE STRATEGIST LG - but has many questions like we all do - I have taken time to reproduce them on his (and the memberships behalf) so they are listed in this section...

boltsbbound questions:

Reagrding Holdouts:
-Would hold outs also be determined by myleaguemanager?
- if you gave those holdouts a pay raise to end the holdout how would their new salary be determined?
- would it be possible to just wait out a holdout in certain situations or would u always have to pay them what they are asking for?
- would holdouts be based on production, overall, or a combination of both?

Reagrding Contracts:
- would player contracts be the same every year or would some deals escalate from year to year, or be front loaded like many real nfl contracts?
when signing free agents would we be able to choose the length of the contract we offer them?
how would cap penalties be determined, would they always be a set percentage of a players salary or could some contracts include more guaranteed money?

a big TY to bolts - he is asking question that many of us are thinking or will end up aking in the future - Cant wait to find out these specifics myself..

GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boltssbbound on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:54 am

i would like to thank greenerrr for reposting my questions in the proper section, as well as reorganizing them into a much more orderly set of questions then the original block of text i posted. just a couple more questions that occurred to me since that i thought merited posting:
- would it be possible to go over the salary cap with just the players we draft in the fantasy draft or is that ridiculously improbable and we shouldnt worry about it?
- if i dont want to pay a hold out would it be practical to trade him to somebody who would be willing to pay him?
- in the rookie draft, would players salary be dependent on where they are picked, or on their overall?
thats i all i have for now, but i really am excited about the new challenges this league will present, especially with every other year being simmed as my teams are historically awful in simmed games, probably because i undervalue quarterbacks and depend on my skills to make up for it

boltssbbound

View user profile

Back to top Go down

a Lot of Changes

Post by sweetstick on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:03 am

ty for doing this question and answer thing

I commend you on all the stuff you doing... but it seems like a lot to implement - are you sure you going to be able deliver on these promises?

btw - i am confident you will - I just wanna hear you say it and tell us why you think the new system will transition smoothly! LOL

sweetstick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yourworsenitemare on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:35 am

I saw something about MLM managing traded draft picks - how is that going to work?

yourworsenitemare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Summary of Question for Derek at MLM

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:26 pm

- For Dereks benefit i have summarized the questuions in this "question and Answer" thread...

These are the questions made by MLM members:

Are the salaries in the MLM system exactly the same as offline Franchise salaries (in terms of dollar amount and length)?

How does the individual "sync" function work between our League and myleaguemanager? (I understand if u do a transaction like dropping and adding a player via FA - u can initiate an "individual" sync and this transaction is captured and can be seen in MLM functionality and dont have to wait for the commiush to do a league wide sync to see the effect of that transaction on the salary cap...)

How does the player Power Ranking function work at myleaguemanager? What factors are considered in this ranking system? - PS3MG has implemented ELO's ranking system where "quality of opponent" helps factor in the overall "value" of a win / loss (example - a win vs the #1 rated player has a greater positive impact on your ranking than if you beat the lowest rated player)... In addition "score differential" is not a factor in ranking - this minimizes motivation to run the score up on opponents which is in line with PS3MG ideals...)

I was wondering about the salary cap level. Is it hard to stay within salary cap? It seems to me that the salary cap needs to be set in a way to force guys to make decisions on who to retain on their current roster and who to bid on (and how high to bid) in the free agent list.
Makes no sense to have a salary cap to high (where guys can sign whoever they want without consequence) and having it to low makes bidding on free agents impossible. So how do ypou figure this out?

Will we be able to see players salaries of possible player we are considering to fantasy draft before we select them? knowing a player's salary status - (Years remaining under contract and the size of the contract) are big factors to consider in player selection in fantasy draft LGs - having this info is critical to draft the best team possible - will it be available before we make our selection?

Will there be a way to possibly "sync" partially drafted rosters (say every 5 rounds) so that players drafting have an idea "where their at" in regards to their current pick and available salary cap space???? With a salary cap - owners must consider the effect the overall impact of a players salary has on the entire team before he selects them and must always know "where he stands" in terms of hpw close he is to salary cap - and how much money he can afford to spend...

Reagrding Holdouts:
-Would hold outs be determined by myleaguemanager?
- if you gave those holdouts a pay raise to end the holdout how would their new salary be determined?
- would it be possible to just wait out a holdout in certain situations or would u always have to pay them what they are asking for?
- would holdouts be based on production, overall, or a combination of both?

- if i dont want to pay a hold out would it be practical to trade him to somebody who would be willing to pay him?

Reagrding Contracts:
- would player contracts be the same every year or would some deals escalate from year to year, or be front loaded like many real nfl contracts?
- when signing free agents would we be able to choose the length of the contract we offer them?
- how would cap penalties be determined, would they always be a set percentage of a players salary or could some contracts include more guaranteed money?

- in the rookie draft, would players salary be dependent on where they are picked, or on their overall?
- would it be possible to go over the salary cap with just the players we draft in the fantasy draft or is that ridiculously improbable and we shouldnt worry about it?

I commend you on all the stuff you doing... but it seems like a lot to implement - are you sure you going to be able deliver on these promises?
btw - i am confident you will - I just wanna hear you say it and tell us why you think the new system will transition smoothly! LOL.

I saw something about MLM managing traded draft picks - how is that going to work?

GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top