* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme


groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Bengals want O-Lineman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bengals want O-Lineman

Post by sam22smith on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:14 am

Not even sure if they really do anything. But I feel like the whole opposing d-line is shedding their blocks before Gore is even getting the ball. It's ridiculous. And i want to run - passing every play is not fun.
avatar
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 309
Join date : 2010-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bengals want O-Lineman

Post by surfnturf90 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:40 am

that probably has more to do with their block shedding ratings than your oline.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 1507
Join date : 2010-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bengals want O-Lineman

Post by falconfansince81 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:41 am

i'll trade my entire oline (not sure whos on it) for a lifetime of your 4th round picks.

+1 surf blk shd/tak = more likely to get suction tackles and break block animations quicker.
avatar
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 36
Location : Youngstown, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bengals want O-Lineman

Post by Fr8trainShane on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:23 pm

I'm with you Sam....I may be in the minority, but I see a HUGE difference in running behind a good line, and a bad one.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Posts : 840
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bengals want O-Lineman

Post by falconfansince81 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:I'm with you Sam....I may be in the minority, but I see a HUGE difference in running behind a good line, and a bad one.

me too, they're slower and get in the way quicker Smile i draft speed olinemen now! to each their own tho
avatar
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 36
Location : Youngstown, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bengals want O-Lineman

Post by sam22smith on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:01 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:i'll trade my entire oline (not sure whos on it) for a lifetime of your 4th round picks.

+1 surf blk shd/tak = more likely to get suction tackles and break block animations quicker.

I've seen all the videos - but they all seem to be in practice mode. Practice mode is retarded. When I practice - I will have Reggie Wayne drop ten passes in a row. I just don't trust it at all.

I am suspicious of Oline usefulness - but I am also suspicious of those videos.

Plus - how hard is it to build in a simple equation that higher RBK makes the Oline suction the Dlinman better? EA is awful - but that's not a hard rating to do something with. Maybe they don't differentiate that much between good and bad etc.

Anyways - I have not been playing stud dlines either - their BKSHD has been average at best. So the theory that blkshd matters is also suspect in my mind.......go figure. Sometimes I just think it's a crap shoot.

I definitely do not run good running plays/have a good running playbook. That's prolly the big reason actually.
avatar
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 309
Join date : 2010-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bengals want O-Lineman

Post by falconfansince81 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:38 pm

probably, cause i let the cpu draft my oline in round 30 and still averaged 120 rushing yards/gm with ryan grant and beanie wells. the main problem is downfield blocking AI, they all seem the same to me...just a battle of animations, so for me its just not worth sacrificing a good secondary player, wr, or linebacker to get a good center. it all just seems so static...and practice mode or not, its still ratings vs ratings...a 140lb guy with 0 blocking attributes should not throw suh to the ground on ANY difficuly simply based on the laws of physics. til i see proof they actually matter i'm not wasting my time on them.

i have a proposition actually, next time we play i will drop my entire oline and pick the 5 worst overall players available and see how things go. you can pick em before we start if u want and see if it matters any more in franchise mode opposed to practice. in theory, i should have almost no time to throw and have no where to run.
avatar
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 36
Location : Youngstown, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bengals want O-Lineman

Post by sam22smith on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:47 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:probably, cause i let the cpu draft my oline in round 30 and still averaged 120 rushing yards/gm with ryan grant and beanie wells. the main problem is downfield blocking AI, they all seem the same to me...just a battle of animations, so for me its just not worth sacrificing a good secondary player, wr, or linebacker to get a good center. it all just seems so static...and practice mode or not, its still ratings vs ratings...a 140lb guy with 0 blocking attributes should not throw suh to the ground on ANY difficuly simply based on the laws of physics. til i see proof they actually matter i'm not wasting my time on them.

i have a proposition actually, next time we play i will drop my entire oline and pick the 5 worst overall players available and see how things go. you can pick em before we start if u want and see if it matters any more in franchise mode opposed to practice. in theory, i should have almost no time to throw and have no where to run.

Yeah - that would be a good test. I'm curious about it. I am very suspicious of olineman. The one draft I did was in this league and I went o-line at the end - like you. Which is why my line has bad ratings.

You run for 120 yards per game because u r a good, skilled runner. I wonder how you would do with a beast oline. Have you played with one recently to compare? Do you see no difference?
avatar
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 309
Join date : 2010-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bengals want O-Lineman

Post by phantomshark on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:47 pm

I picked up Alex mack in 1 league to replace a scrub center, and my running yardage per game instantly doubled. OLine matters, for sure.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Posts : 671
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bengals want O-Lineman

Post by falconfansince81 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:01 pm

sam22smith wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:probably, cause i let the cpu draft my oline in round 30 and still averaged 120 rushing yards/gm with ryan grant and beanie wells. the main problem is downfield blocking AI, they all seem the same to me...just a battle of animations, so for me its just not worth sacrificing a good secondary player, wr, or linebacker to get a good center. it all just seems so static...and practice mode or not, its still ratings vs ratings...a 140lb guy with 0 blocking attributes should not throw suh to the ground on ANY difficuly simply based on the laws of physics. til i see proof they actually matter i'm not wasting my time on them.

i have a proposition actually, next time we play i will drop my entire oline and pick the 5 worst overall players available and see how things go. you can pick em before we start if u want and see if it matters any more in franchise mode opposed to practice. in theory, i should have almost no time to throw and have no where to run.

Yeah - that would be a good test. I'm curious about it. I am very suspicious of olineman. The one draft I did was in this league and I went o-line at the end - like you. Which is why my line has bad ratings.

You run for 120 yards per game because u r a good, skilled runner. I wonder how you would do with a beast oline. Have you played with one recently to compare? Do you see no difference?

i don't think that its solely being good at running, whereas its just about following your blocks until the AI shits itself in the 2nd level. initially though it appears to not be a dynamic struggle, but rather a battle of animations. line shifts help, and yes when i play ranked games with decent oline's i have seen the same results. so its not significant enough for me to prioritize the oline like it should be...theoretically i shouldn't get more than a 3 ypc with the lines i run behind but i still see my 60 ovr center pancake suh's and ngata's like their a regular jeff saturday.

speakin of him, i traded him to a greener for a 3rd and maintained my ypc average just fine. so basically i got a 3rd and didn't lose any ground on my rushing attack...until i see a huge difference im not changing my approach. we'll def have to try that when we play, but as of right now my line goes as follows (in ovr): LT - 75, LG - 79, C -74, RG -73, RT-72 so i don't know if it even gets much worse lol. now with that garbage line, and a power back (grant, torrain) complimented with a speed back (davis) these were my recent averages and i think the numbers speak for themselves:

CHZ LEAGUE - 74 avg ovr oline
2012 - 111.4 ypg (ranked 8th in the league, 5.9 ypc)
2011 - 101.4 ypg (1622 yards, 5.9 ypc)
2010 - 75 ypg (1200 yards, 4 ypc)

DW LEAGUE - 83.4 avg ovr oline
2014 - 95 ypg (1514 yards, 4.9 ypc)
2013 - 97 ypg (1545 yards, 5.4 ypc)

SURF LEAGUE - 73.2 avg ovr oline
2012 - 84 ypg (756 yards, 4.6 ypc)
2011 - 103 ypg (1651 yards, 5.4 ypc)
avatar
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 36
Location : Youngstown, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bengals want O-Lineman

Post by Mcnair2wycheck on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:55 am

In my observation, O-line matters to a small extent but not nearly enough. While I think that having a good O-line helps a little bit, it definitely seems like having a bad one isn't much worse.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 221
Join date : 2010-11-18
Age : 25
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bengals want O-Lineman

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum