* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

READING COVERAGE - repost for newer members

View previous topic View next topic Go down

READING COVERAGE - repost for newer members

Post by falconfansince81 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:19 pm

i was going to make some tutorial vids for anyone who is looking to improve their game by reading defenses and identifying coverages to make proper reads without relying on staring down one receiver, and even worse...making bad throws because lets face it we're not all nfl qb's so sometimes guys might just pick a play and hope someone is open. this is NOT the way to produce successful drives, and i think if we all take the time to go back over the basics it may really help turn those int ridden games into a closer contest.

i have a lot of games where i'm getting 4-10 int's which turn what could be a close game into a blowout really fast, and not to sound pretentious but i win my games because i first make proper reads and know exactly what route will be open based on that coverage read (accompanied with user picks). a couple years ago a stumbled upon this guys site, and while it may seem basic i encourage EVERYONE to watch these vids...whether you can identify a cover 2,3,4 in less than a second or not its a great learning tool that i think can really contribute to improving everyones gameplay.

the videos embedding feature has been disabled, but if you click on em it will play it through the guys site (just right click and open in new window). i don't have any special secrets or trick plays to winning a lot of games, its all about knowing what defense your facing and who will be open. running the ball is also VERY vital, and the second group of vids will feature great advice for improving that department as well. hope you guys take the brief time to watch...and yes its madden 08 but nothing has changed anyways as far as plays are concerned. again, its the concept thats important...and each video has a description in the title once you play it so you might not need to watch every single one, just maybe some on areas you'd like to further improve on although i recommend watching them all...even its its just one or two a day.

PASSING AND READING COVERAGE

falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: READING COVERAGE - repost for newer members

Post by dtigertron on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Thanks man, I learned a lot and I was reminded of stuff I don't do any more. Going to give it a try later, see how much actually translates to M11.
dtigertron
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top