* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme


groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by phantomshark on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:20 am

The people that restart due to injury or losing are the same type that will still restart, but now claim d/c. The ones that wouldn't are already not restarting due to anything but d/c. So the only way to end it is to make the rule, 1 start per CPU game. OR go with substitutes, and discontinue CPU games altogether.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Posts : 671
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by falconfansince81 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:36 am

phantomshark wrote:So you want to be able to guarantee a win. Again, I disagree. CPU game does not guarantee a win, or at least it shouldn't. I've lost a couple of CPU games, it happens. Worst part is, it's hurting those of us with the integrity to not restart a game to the advantage of those who feel they should only get a game with everything in their favor. Make the rule and the field is level again.

just run slants and crosses...its a guaranteed win, i can't believe this is even an issue. if the other player can't make his game is a forfeit, plain and simple. they still have to play it and risk some sort of injury, i don't think a season ending is worth it because the other guy didn't show up or couldn't make it.
avatar
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 35
Location : Youngstown, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by surfnturf90 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:52 am

falconfansince81 wrote:
phantomshark wrote:So you want to be able to guarantee a win. Again, I disagree. CPU game does not guarantee a win, or at least it shouldn't. I've lost a couple of CPU games, it happens. Worst part is, it's hurting those of us with the integrity to not restart a game to the advantage of those who feel they should only get a game with everything in their favor. Make the rule and the field is level again.

just run slants and crosses...its a guaranteed win, i can't believe this is even an issue. if the other player can't make his game is a forfeit, plain and simple. they still have to play it and risk some sort of injury, i don't think a season ending is worth it because the other guy didn't show up or couldn't make it.

+1. you can literally run 4 verticals every play against the computer if you want to, you shouldnt ever have to lose to the cpu unless it's intentional. I'm in these leagues to play against other people, if i wanted to play the computer I'd make my own offline franchise.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 1507
Join date : 2010-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by phantomshark on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:19 am

A. I've lost to the computer, so saying you can't is stupid

B. Saying you shouldn't get a season ending injury because the other guy couldn't play is stupid. The injury didn't happen BECAUSE the other guy didn't play, it's just as likely to happen if he plays or not

If you are so worried about it and can't lose to the computer, play all your backups.

So worried about sim, and yet want to allow mulligans. What are we playing, Tiger Woods or Madden?

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Posts : 671
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:53 am

i think phantomshark has a legtimate point... besides its not like CPU games happen all the time - i would go as far as even turning the accel clock on or at higher level to spped up the game (if requested by a person playn the CPU) - this allows players to get through the game faster and avoid the dreaded SUPER SIM injury - which is 90% of the reason i play the majority of my CPU games personally - but than again i have more time than every1 else around here and i am not taken that for granted...
avatar
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2705
Join date : 2010-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by youngwattz on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:00 am

GREENERRRR wrote:i think phantomshark has a legtimate point... besides its not like CPU games happen all the time - i would go as far as even turning the accel clock on or at higher level to spped up the game (if requested by a person playn the CPU) - this allows players to get through the game faster and avoid the dreaded SUPER SIM injury - which is 90% of the reason i play the majority of my CPU games personally - but than again i have more time than every1 else around here and i am not taken that for granted...

I think thats a good idea to speed up CPU games...
avatar
youngwattz
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 243
Join date : 2010-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:54 am

I don't know if changing quarter length for a CPU game is a good idea. What if you got guys trying to get a game in at the same time? That would mess with them then.
avatar
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Posts : 1272
Join date : 2010-08-20
Age : 33
Location : Jackson, Missouri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by youngwattz on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:05 am

BiLlDoZeR_27 wrote:I don't know if changing quarter length for a CPU game is a good idea. What if you got guys trying to get a game in at the same time? That would mess with them then.

Didn't think of that, thought u could do it for just individual games
avatar
youngwattz
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 243
Join date : 2010-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:09 am

youngwattz wrote:
BiLlDoZeR_27 wrote:I don't know if changing quarter length for a CPU game is a good idea. What if you got guys trying to get a game in at the same time? That would mess with them then.

Didn't think of that, thought u could do it for just individual games


Now there might be a way around it. But just a thought....
avatar
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Posts : 1272
Join date : 2010-08-20
Age : 33
Location : Jackson, Missouri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by Mjkight on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:29 am

most of us would never lose too the cpu and im not wasting an hour.

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 253
Join date : 2010-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by falconfansince81 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:29 am

phantomshark wrote:A. I've lost to the computer, so saying you can't is stupid

B. Saying you shouldn't get a season ending injury because the other guy couldn't play is stupid. The injury didn't happen BECAUSE the other guy didn't play, it's just as likely to happen if he plays or not

If you are so worried about it and can't lose to the computer, play all your backups.

So worried about sim, and yet want to allow mulligans. What are we playing, Tiger Woods or Madden?

i don't know what the analogy is even supposed to mean, but what the hell is sim about starting your backups, playing shortened quarters, running the same plays over and over to kill the cpu (as surf said 4 verticals just destroys). whats sim about anything in madden? what we make it. and the only thing we can play out as sim are the games versus human opponents, the sole reason anyone is playing online franchises. the cpu game IS a mulligan because like surf said we're here to play each other not the cpu, we do our best to simulate a realistic game but with such a limited online franchise experience provided by ea sports this is the best we can do right now. the day i get suspended or simmed for getting d/c at the coin toss in a cpu gm lol...c'mon.
avatar
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 35
Location : Youngstown, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by mblammers on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:No that's not it. Being granted a CPU game is a reward for your opponent not being able to play the game. It's a guaranteed win in my book. For the most part, people don't join to play the CPU, many of them choose to supersim. Simmed games, and supersims go in favor of the team with higher overall players, so technically if you have a team like many of mine, I couldn't win a simmed game. Why should I be punished for my opponent's absence with an almost guaranteed loss, when I could beat the CPU in my sleep? Why should I be forced to waste an hour of my time playing the CPU, when I signed up to play live opponents. The part where your integrity comes into question is when you restart bc your losing or you restart bc you incurred injuries. I can say that I never restart for injuries...I've gotten a number of them through CPU games...but if I'm losing a supersim, I'm going to restart.

+1

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Posts : 623
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Minneapolis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by mblammers on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:52 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:
phantomshark wrote:A. I've lost to the computer, so saying you can't is stupid

B. Saying you shouldn't get a season ending injury because the other guy couldn't play is stupid. The injury didn't happen BECAUSE the other guy didn't play, it's just as likely to happen if he plays or not

If you are so worried about it and can't lose to the computer, play all your backups.

So worried about sim, and yet want to allow mulligans. What are we playing, Tiger Woods or Madden?

i don't know what the analogy is even supposed to mean, but what the hell is sim about starting your backups, playing shortened quarters, running the same plays over and over to kill the cpu (as surf said 4 verticals just destroys). whats sim about anything in madden? what we make it. and the only thing we can play out as sim are the games versus human opponents, the sole reason anyone is playing online franchises. the cpu game IS a mulligan because like surf said we're here to play each other not the cpu, we do our best to simulate a realistic game but with such a limited online franchise experience provided by ea sports this is the best we can do right now. the day i get suspended or simmed for getting d/c at the coin toss in a cpu gm lol...c'mon.

+1

Beating the CPU is easy. Playing the CPU is boring. I shouldn't have to have to choose between a) wasting an hour playing the CPU or b) having an increased risk of injury and loss in a supersim only because my opponent didn't show up.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Posts : 623
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Minneapolis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:48 pm

mblammers wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:
phantomshark wrote:A. I've lost to the computer, so saying you can't is stupid

B. Saying you shouldn't get a season ending injury because the other guy couldn't play is stupid. The injury didn't happen BECAUSE the other guy didn't play, it's just as likely to happen if he plays or not

If you are so worried about it and can't lose to the computer, play all your backups.

So worried about sim, and yet want to allow mulligans. What are we playing, Tiger Woods or Madden?

i don't know what the analogy is even supposed to mean, but what the hell is sim about starting your backups, playing shortened quarters, running the same plays over and over to kill the cpu (as surf said 4 verticals just destroys). whats sim about anything in madden? what we make it. and the only thing we can play out as sim are the games versus human opponents, the sole reason anyone is playing online franchises. the cpu game IS a mulligan because like surf said we're here to play each other not the cpu, we do our best to simulate a realistic game but with such a limited online franchise experience provided by ea sports this is the best we can do right now. the day i get suspended or simmed for getting d/c at the coin toss in a cpu gm lol...c'mon.

+1

Beating the CPU is easy. Playing the CPU is boring. I shouldn't have to have to choose between a) wasting an hour playing the CPU or b) having an increased risk of injury and loss in a supersim only because my opponent didn't show up.

well if this is the prevailing attitide - why should i accept the injuries i have been accepting in my CPU games???? - I lost my top CB for 4 weeks most recently in Chedahs lg and i am making a playoff push - i definitely could use that CB...

I would feel like a real dirt bag restartn games because i got an injury - but than again - if every1 else is doing it - WHY SHOULD I BE IN THE MINORITY OF PEOPLE WHO HANDICAP THEMSELVES?
avatar
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2705
Join date : 2010-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:59 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:
mblammers wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:
phantomshark wrote:A. I've lost to the computer, so saying you can't is stupid

B. Saying you shouldn't get a season ending injury because the other guy couldn't play is stupid. The injury didn't happen BECAUSE the other guy didn't play, it's just as likely to happen if he plays or not

If you are so worried about it and can't lose to the computer, play all your backups.

So worried about sim, and yet want to allow mulligans. What are we playing, Tiger Woods or Madden?

i don't know what the analogy is even supposed to mean, but what the hell is sim about starting your backups, playing shortened quarters, running the same plays over and over to kill the cpu (as surf said 4 verticals just destroys). whats sim about anything in madden? what we make it. and the only thing we can play out as sim are the games versus human opponents, the sole reason anyone is playing online franchises. the cpu game IS a mulligan because like surf said we're here to play each other not the cpu, we do our best to simulate a realistic game but with such a limited online franchise experience provided by ea sports this is the best we can do right now. the day i get suspended or simmed for getting d/c at the coin toss in a cpu gm lol...c'mon.

+1

Beating the CPU is easy. Playing the CPU is boring. I shouldn't have to have to choose between a) wasting an hour playing the CPU or b) having an increased risk of injury and loss in a supersim only because my opponent didn't show up.

well if this is the prevailing attitide - why should i accept the injuries i have been accepting in my CPU games???? - I lost my top CB for 4 weeks most recently in Chedahs lg and i am making a playoff push - i definitely could use that CB...

I would feel like a real dirt bag restartn games because i got an injury - but than again - if every1 else is doing it - WHY SHOULD I BE IN THE MINORITY OF PEOPLE WHO HANDICAP THEMSELVES?

I feel like you only listen to part of the arguments bro. Not everyone who restarts game does it do to injury. I restart CPU games because a supersim sometimes takes me too deep in the game to come back against the CPU. That's where integrity comes in, not doing it to escape injuries but to get your rewarded free win vs the CPU. If there's any question to whether I'm lying about that, ask surf. I hate playing CPU games so much I usually just tell him to sim the game for me if I'm already guaranteed playoffs in his lg. I had 3 of my 4 starting corners go down to serious injuries from simmed games, I could have easily played the CPU and made sure no one got hurt, but I don't care. I play the CPU if I''m owed a free win that I need. So until I get the free win, I'll restart as much as I like.
avatar
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2648
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 30
Location : NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by surfnturf90 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
GREENERRRR wrote:
mblammers wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:
phantomshark wrote:A. I've lost to the computer, so saying you can't is stupid

B. Saying you shouldn't get a season ending injury because the other guy couldn't play is stupid. The injury didn't happen BECAUSE the other guy didn't play, it's just as likely to happen if he plays or not

If you are so worried about it and can't lose to the computer, play all your backups.

So worried about sim, and yet want to allow mulligans. What are we playing, Tiger Woods or Madden?

i don't know what the analogy is even supposed to mean, but what the hell is sim about starting your backups, playing shortened quarters, running the same plays over and over to kill the cpu (as surf said 4 verticals just destroys). whats sim about anything in madden? what we make it. and the only thing we can play out as sim are the games versus human opponents, the sole reason anyone is playing online franchises. the cpu game IS a mulligan because like surf said we're here to play each other not the cpu, we do our best to simulate a realistic game but with such a limited online franchise experience provided by ea sports this is the best we can do right now. the day i get suspended or simmed for getting d/c at the coin toss in a cpu gm lol...c'mon.

+1

Beating the CPU is easy. Playing the CPU is boring. I shouldn't have to have to choose between a) wasting an hour playing the CPU or b) having an increased risk of injury and loss in a supersim only because my opponent didn't show up.

well if this is the prevailing attitide - why should i accept the injuries i have been accepting in my CPU games???? - I lost my top CB for 4 weeks most recently in Chedahs lg and i am making a playoff push - i definitely could use that CB...

I would feel like a real dirt bag restartn games because i got an injury - but than again - if every1 else is doing it - WHY SHOULD I BE IN THE MINORITY OF PEOPLE WHO HANDICAP THEMSELVES?

I feel like you only listen to part of the arguments bro. Not everyone who restarts game does it do to injury. I restart CPU games because a supersim sometimes takes me too deep in the game to come back against the CPU. That's where integrity comes in, not doing it to escape injuries but to get your rewarded free win vs the CPU. If there's any question to whether I'm lying about that, ask surf. I hate playing CPU games so much I usually just tell him to sim the game for me if I'm already guaranteed playoffs in his lg. I had 3 of my 4 starting corners go down to serious injuries from simmed games, I could have easily played the CPU and made sure no one got hurt, but I don't care. I play the CPU if I''m owed a free win that I need. So until I get the free win, I'll restart as much as I like.

+1. Its not about avoiding injuries for myself, in my league 2 of my 3 injuries have come in cpu games. I don't want to see this rule get passed because A)playing the cpu should be a free win in my opinion, B) legitimate disconnections happen when you play the cpu just like they do against another person, and C) if i somebody gives me a cpu game because they can't make our gametime, I'd feel like a huge dick if I let their start player get a serious injury in a game they weren't playing.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 1507
Join date : 2010-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by phantomshark on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Well, if people are thinking CPU games should be a free win, then I think that we should do away with CPU games, because that's bullshit. Not that I've ever had to offer a CPU game, but I will never offer one now that I know that I apparently have 0 chance of winning.

BTW, restarting a CPU game because you are losing is a lot worse than restarting it over an injury, I can understand wanting to restart because of an injury, though both reasons are pure trash.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Posts : 671
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:34 pm

phantomshark wrote:Well, if people are thinking CPU games should be a free win, then I think that we should do away with CPU games, because that's bullshit. Not that I've ever had to offer a CPU game, but I will never offer one now that I know that I apparently have 0 chance of winning.

BTW, restarting a CPU game because you are losing is a lot worse than restarting it over an injury, I can understand wanting to restart because of an injury, though both reasons are pure trash.

Well if I played all my CPU games, I'd literally NEVER lose. You can run verticals literally the ENTIRE game and blow the CPU out every time. That's what I do when I play the CPU. Can't lose. I'm not spending an hour of my day to play the CPU, knowing it's impossible for me to lose. However, I'm not going to take a loss due to supersim, in a game I know I'd win anyway.
avatar
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2648
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 30
Location : NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by phantomshark on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
phantomshark wrote:Well, if people are thinking CPU games should be a free win, then I think that we should do away with CPU games, because that's bullshit. Not that I've ever had to offer a CPU game, but I will never offer one now that I know that I apparently have 0 chance of winning.

BTW, restarting a CPU game because you are losing is a lot worse than restarting it over an injury, I can understand wanting to restart because of an injury, though both reasons are pure trash.

Well if I played all my CPU games, I'd literally NEVER lose. You can run verticals literally the ENTIRE game and blow the CPU out every time. That's what I do when I play the CPU. Can't lose. I'm not spending an hour of my day to play the CPU, knowing it's impossible for me to lose. However, I'm not going to take a loss due to supersim, in a game I know I'd win anyway.

If you are that worried about losing and you really can't spend the time to play the CPU the whole game, start out playing, get a 2 TD lead, then supersim. If the CPU ties it up, stop simming and build a lead again. I truly think the 1 start rule would be a huge benefit for the MG, and I'm glad to hear 1 commish has it, I wish the rest would too.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Posts : 671
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by mblammers on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 pm

phantomshark wrote:
Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
phantomshark wrote:Well, if people are thinking CPU games should be a free win, then I think that we should do away with CPU games, because that's bullshit. Not that I've ever had to offer a CPU game, but I will never offer one now that I know that I apparently have 0 chance of winning.

BTW, restarting a CPU game because you are losing is a lot worse than restarting it over an injury, I can understand wanting to restart because of an injury, though both reasons are pure trash.

Well if I played all my CPU games, I'd literally NEVER lose. You can run verticals literally the ENTIRE game and blow the CPU out every time. That's what I do when I play the CPU. Can't lose. I'm not spending an hour of my day to play the CPU, knowing it's impossible for me to lose. However, I'm not going to take a loss due to supersim, in a game I know I'd win anyway.

If you are that worried about losing and you really can't spend the time to play the CPU the whole game, start out playing, get a 2 TD lead, then supersim. If the CPU ties it up, stop simming and build a lead again. I truly think the 1 start rule would be a huge benefit for the MG, and I'm glad to hear 1 commish has it, I wish the rest would too.

@Phntom, I'm glad that you are at least thinking of a way to find a middle ground. That isn't a terrible suggestion. However, I don't see the "huge benefit" the rule would be for the MG.
The way I see it, there is nothing inherently honorable, moral, or ethical to either side. As long as it applies to everyone, what is the difference b/t allowing CPU restarts to everyone, or allowing them to NO ONE? Neither side is better than the other as long as the rule applies to everyone.
As long as that is understood, the question becomes whether we want to add a rule banning restarts or allowing a certain number of them, etc. etc.

My opinion is that:

1. less rules are better
2. supersimmed games on restarts have more realistic stats (When you play a CPU game start to finish you can pad stats ridiculously)
3. Less injuries are better (simming increases injuries)
4. playing the CPU sucks and is a waste of time - I am in the bottom tier of players in the MG, and I can slaughter the CPU in my sleep...but I HATE playing the CPU



mblammers
Pro
Pro

Posts : 623
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Minneapolis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by phantomshark on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:58 pm

The problem is the rules don't apply to everyone. There are those of us who don't restart for ethical reasons, and so we lose the game sometimes or lose players to injuries, and there are those who see nothing wrong with trying to gain an edge through restarts. Can you see Rex Ryan saying 'Wait, Sanchez just got hurt, we need to restart the game after he drinks this magic potion to mend his broken ribs'. I mean it's about as far from sim as you can get.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Posts : 671
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:28 pm

phantomshark wrote:The problem is the rules don't apply to everyone. There are those of us who don't restart for ethical reasons, and so we lose the game sometimes or lose players to injuries, and there are those who see nothing wrong with trying to gain an edge through restarts. Can you see Rex Ryan saying 'Wait, Sanchez just got hurt, we need to restart the game after he drinks this magic potion to mend his broken ribs'. I mean it's about as far from sim as you can get.

No...but I can see the Jet's opponents not showing up for a game and the Jets being awarded a forfeit victory...where no one gets hurt...which is what a CPU gm is supposed to be.
avatar
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2648
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 30
Location : NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
phantomshark wrote:The problem is the rules don't apply to everyone. There are those of us who don't restart for ethical reasons, and so we lose the game sometimes or lose players to injuries, and there are those who see nothing wrong with trying to gain an edge through restarts. Can you see Rex Ryan saying 'Wait, Sanchez just got hurt, we need to restart the game after he drinks this magic potion to mend his broken ribs'. I mean it's about as far from sim as you can get.

No...but I can see the Jet's opponents not showing up for a game and the Jets being awarded a forfeit victory...where no one gets hurt...which is what a CPU gm is supposed to be.

+1
avatar
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Posts : 1272
Join date : 2010-08-20
Age : 33
Location : Jackson, Missouri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by phantomshark on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
phantomshark wrote:The problem is the rules don't apply to everyone. There are those of us who don't restart for ethical reasons, and so we lose the game sometimes or lose players to injuries, and there are those who see nothing wrong with trying to gain an edge through restarts. Can you see Rex Ryan saying 'Wait, Sanchez just got hurt, we need to restart the game after he drinks this magic potion to mend his broken ribs'. I mean it's about as far from sim as you can get.

No...but I can see the Jet's opponents not showing up for a game and the Jets being awarded a forfeit victory...where no one gets hurt...which is what a CPU gm is supposed to be.

No, a CPU game is more like the head coach doesn't show so they play the game with a less talented assistant coach. It kills me that in all these other threads, people are saying 'this isn't sim or that isn't sim', but have no problem with restarts.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Posts : 671
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:42 pm

phantomshark wrote:
Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
phantomshark wrote:The problem is the rules don't apply to everyone. There are those of us who don't restart for ethical reasons, and so we lose the game sometimes or lose players to injuries, and there are those who see nothing wrong with trying to gain an edge through restarts. Can you see Rex Ryan saying 'Wait, Sanchez just got hurt, we need to restart the game after he drinks this magic potion to mend his broken ribs'. I mean it's about as far from sim as you can get.

No...but I can see the Jet's opponents not showing up for a game and the Jets being awarded a forfeit victory...where no one gets hurt...which is what a CPU gm is supposed to be.

No, a CPU game is more like the head coach doesn't show so they play the game with a less talented assistant coach. It kills me that in all these other threads, people are saying 'this isn't sim or that isn't sim', but have no problem with restarts.


No A CPU game is a reward for your opponent not being able to play the game in the time alotted. Nothing more nothing less.
avatar
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Posts : 1272
Join date : 2010-08-20
Age : 33
Location : Jackson, Missouri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to submit something to GC for a vote.....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum