* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

GROWING TREND

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GROWING TREND

Post by saastar on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:58 pm

ok this is not an complaint.. more of an observation.. but anyway.. ever since i started playing in this group since late august i have noticed people switching alot how they play defense.. i mean when i first played i saw alot of different defenses and zones and man.. just different things.. but as december and january came i know see what looks like to be the same crap over and over...

what im talking about is its getting alittle frustating like i heard FF say and cheddah both that alot like 75% of the mg plays man now.. or how it seems almost every flipin game i play now it seems im always seeing the same 46 defense... i mean has it just got to where alot of people just got so frustated with one persons blitz that now 75% of the group has to convert to playing man coverage and always playing the damn 46 defense.. i mean thats why i really like playing my games against FF.. yes he mite use the 46 defense here and there but i see alot of different calls out of his defense... but other people its always some sort of 46 blitz or 46 look with man coverage behind it and its just retarded.. makes the game seem like im playing the same thing over and over.. to where i stop trying new stuff on offense and just keep doing my crossing routes bc hell no not many want to have an zone look.. just man coverage.. or a freakin 46 package.. i will admit i have never once played with the 46 defense or will i.... i will admit i play man coverage but i started that way and i have been changing it up as of the past month where i go 50/50 man/zone... but this 46 defense im getting really tired of seeing.. just my opinion...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GROWING TREND

Post by Fr8trainShane on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:10 pm

Yeah, however, you continually running your crossing routes really isn't helping anything..... Too many people doing that as well.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:37 pm

idk man - i have the #1 rated defense in CHZ Lg (ACCORDING TO THEEXTREME WEBSITE and what honour that gives me is marginal...) - and i rarely go to the 4-6 and i certainly play more zone than man - but do miz it up... we played recently - did u not see that in our game

and i player Gamer221 in mullets lg yesterday and he played a lot of zone defense...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:54 pm

I see what u mean...but let's diagnose this a lil further tho.

1. Ppl stop playing so fuck zone because ppl are smart in this group. Most players quickly see the zone and tear it up. Ppl see zone and sometimes jus auto dump into flats or to TE especially on blitzes. U would rather play man against a player who murders zone or dumps on zone..

2. Players in mg are getting better at user catching and can precision pass in the wholes to make the catch.

3. The growing trend of fast cbs coming out in the rookie drafts make it easier to play defense with fast cbs plain and simple.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:07 pm

Saastar not to be a dick bro but I think u should be one of the last guys complaining about repetitive play calling on offense or defense. I played u 2 weeks ago in my lg and 80% of the game u were in cover 1 or 2man under. Not to mention your offense with Austin consisted of maybe 8 different plays.

People play man all game bc for the most part the AI does all the work for them. Especially with fast CBS. There's ways to beat man, they're just different than the ways to beat zone.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Thats it...... I can't stand the constant crossing routes, the man coverage....the immediate scrambles with a QB (even for the love of god PEYTON MANNING).
I can't deal with it. Defensively I know exactly what to call to beat it... I call it... they run the play, I user shadow the receiver.... and he still breaks away and makes a last second "surge catch"... every single game....

I'm losing to people I have no business losing too, simply because they run the same plays, same defense, and even when I have their guys triple covered, they still make a ridiculous play.....

I'm frustrated as you can't possibly imagine....

So what did I do? I started calling the same plays.... Sanchez (FUCKING SANCHEZ) threw for 603 yards. Kellen Winslow, 7 cathches for 198 yards. DeSean Jackson 5 catches 159 yards. Golden Tate, 3 catches 137 yards. Deangelo Williams, 3 catches 73 yards.

Somehow...I still lost to a team whose leading rusher, was Peyton Manning....7 for 40 yards, and 2 TDs..... and someone went for 2, three consecutive TDs (twice while leading in the first half)

Seriously?

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:31 pm

I'm so sick of people running crossing routes all game that I'll give out the secret to stopping them. QB spies. Yellow zones drop too deep, so call something with 2 QB spies, or something with 2 yellow zones and manually change them to QB spies.

I just played someone whose entire passing game was literally crossing route or flat to HB. I don't think he threw 1 time to someone not moving towards the sideline. I purposely did not call the QB spies because the game meant nothing to me, and I was curious to see if he'd ever throw one downfield.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:30 am

Fr8trainShane wrote:Yeah, however, you continually running your crossing routes really isn't helping anything..... Too many people doing that as well.

i actually believe it or not for like the past 5 straight games besides this recent one where i got frustated.. so take my last game off but the past 5 before that i just let the play happen.. i would throw in an crossing route but not 80% of the time like i usually do.. but u see straight man coverage and the 46 defense with blitzes nothing else to do but crossing for me that works...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:32 am

GREENERRRR wrote:idk man - i have the #1 rated defense in CHZ Lg (ACCORDING TO THEEXTREME WEBSITE and what honour that gives me is marginal...) - and i rarely go to the 4-6 and i certainly play more zone than man - but do miz it up... we played recently - did u not see that in our game

and i player Gamer221 in mullets lg yesterday and he played a lot of zone defense...

i wasnt talking anything about u man.. really wasnt calling people out just making an observation.. but in our gm greenerrr looked like u was playing an 3-4.. so was something new and fresh to see...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:45 am

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:Saastar not to be a dick bro but I think u should be one of the last guys complaining about repetitive play calling on offense or defense. I played u 2 weeks ago in my lg and 80% of the game u were in cover 1 or 2man under. Not to mention your offense with Austin consisted of maybe 8 different plays.

People play man all game bc for the most part the AI does all the work for them. Especially with fast CBS. There's ways to beat man, they're just different than the ways to beat zone.

cheddah u obiviously cant read my defense.. bc i didnt even call 2 man under the entire game... i called cover 1 maybe once.. i called alot of double X, double Z, double slot.. or an NB blitz, strong man blitz.. or if u came out 4 wide i come out in my only cover 1 and that was out of the nickel or dime package... and my offense actually consisted of several different formations i just hot routed every single formation i was out there... i would pick like an 3wr set that was suppose to be curls and hot route to drags, slants over the middle.. or i would run verticals down the field or go 5 wide and hot route the te and 2 inside wrs.. i mean im sorry the way the game played out... that pick by bowman and that austin scramble caused u the game... which was madden bs all the way.. but i just got the good end of madden bs that game...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:53 am

Honestly bro I don't remember your exact defenses...but all those are straight man defense...exactly what you are complaining about. As far as your offense...calling different formations but hot routing 2 receivers to double drags or double slants each play is just as bad bro. I'm not bitter about the loss at all, all I'm saying is that you're complaining about people doing something when you're doing the same thing.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:04 am

saastar wrote:
Cheddah_Cheez wrote:Saastar not to be a dick bro but I think u should be one of the last guys complaining about repetitive play calling on offense or defense. I played u 2 weeks ago in my lg and 80% of the game u were in cover 1 or 2man under. Not to mention your offense with Austin consisted of maybe 8 different plays.

cheddah u obiviously cant read my defense.. bc i didnt even call 2 man under the entire game... i called cover 1 maybe once.. i called alot of double X, double Z, double slot.. or an NB blitz, strong man blitz.. or if u came out 4 wide i come out in my only cover 1 and that was out of the nickel or dime package... and my offense actually consisted of several different formations i just hot routed every single formation i was out there... i would pick like an 3wr set that was suppose to be curls and hot route to drags, slants over the middle.. or i would run verticals down the field or go 5 wide and hot route the te and 2 inside wrs.. i mean im sorry the way the game played out... that pick by bowman and that austin scramble caused u the game... which was madden bs all the way.. but i just got the good end of madden bs that game...
Do you guys know anything about football lol. Cover 1 is a man D where you have one guy in a deep zone. NB Blitz, double x,y,z are all cover 1 plays lol. Cover 1 isnt just the 1 cover 1 play that madden shows the only difference in the plays you admittingly ran was instead of the 1 "free" guy being in a hook zone he was blizing or double up on some one. Its all cover 1
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:36 am

No Cp he's right. I can't read the unrealistic representation of defense that madden passes off as authentic scheme. Saastar, my the defenses I faced in pop Warner were more complicated than what you see in madden. Trust me when I say I have ZERO problem reading a defense.

I wasn't trying to start an argument I was simply stating that as a player who only runs man defense and who's play calling is on the thin side as far as variety is concerned, you don't have any room to complain about those things.

For the record, I think guys that run double crossing routes all game or man coverage all game are le, but it's not something I'd like to see outlawed. There's ways of beating both. You just have to be creative enough to figure it out (no jmo Cp or FF did not show me how to beat man coverage, it's something I'm actively learning on me own...not as fast as I'd like lol).
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:47 am

Is there a Pop Warner Playbook, cuz I want that? Smile

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

View user profile