* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

MADDEN SEEM LIKE IT GETTING BORING TO ANYONE ELSE??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MADDEN SEEM LIKE IT GETTING BORING TO ANYONE ELSE??

Post by saastar on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:38 pm

i dont know it might just be me.. but just seems like im seeing the same defenses now... and having no time to throw the ball and everytime i run the ball im getting maybe an yd... i think im to the point where im just going to go into the game and just start picking out random playbooks.. see if it makes it more fun.. bc lately all im seeing is someone either run more then pass and i stack the box with 9 guys and my opponent still breaks off an huge gain.. or im seeing defenses scheme where they bring an blitz and i have no time to throw the ball or my guys are just not getting open no matter what play i pick and it winds up in an 3 and out or i wind up throwing an pick... just isnt any fun anymore... ohh well.. MLB the show will be out in a couple weeks.. and then the game i have been waiting on for an yr will be out in april!! SOCOM 4.. maybe things will get better before then..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDEN SEEM LIKE IT GETTING BORING TO ANYONE ELSE??

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:44 pm

I think you have no time to throw because you don't shift your line. Try that, it might help...I don't know how to do it that well or I'd show you...maybe you can get FF to give you a hand.

I think you're receivers aren't getting open because of man defense...or because most of your teams you just have fast WR and run crossing routes with them...this late in the game people now know how to stop crossing routes better than they did before, so it just doesn't work as well. Try switching up the patterns you have your guys run and not only going for speed guys, that helps a lot.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:11 pm

yeah tried shifting the line the past 2 games against DW and greenerrr and im obiviously not doing something right.. still getting pressure out of these overload blitzes and stuff.. then last nite when i played greenerrr after my 1st possession i completely stop trying to hot route my wrs and just let them run out of the play i picked and i still had pressure in my face and look down field and no one was open.. i mite as well starting going goaline last nite and tried running every down with sproles. lol!! seemed to work for greenerrr.. which he wasnt running goaline he was running legit i just couldnt stop it at all.. i mean i would have 9 in the box and he still break off an 8 yd run with stewart more times then not.... i think im just going to start doing random playbooks and see if that helps and get rid of the scrambling qbs i have for pocket passers.. i already did that in surf lg.. i just need an better pocket passer in green 2, chz lg and kight lg... which i mite keep austin in kight lg but he on the block in chz lg.... ohh well i mite find something that works....

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlarman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:18 pm

yeah saaster I agree that it can get boring if you keep the same playbooks form league to league. I know I have recently been trying to play with new defense/offensive playbooks in Chz and it makes it alot more fun to try out new things even if it does get you burned sometimes. Also, greener is just a beast at running no matter what you do and he does it without all star backs (I'm kinda jealous), so I wouldn't let that be too much of a downer on your normal running game plans.

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:47 pm

my friend... i think u will have more success running the ball if you put your RB in plays that fit their strengths - SPROLES i not going to be successfull running between the tackles and runningf sweeps with brandon Jacobs is not going to work (not sayn u do that - i am just sayn in general people fail to play into their RBs strengths...

THr 1 single factor that i notyice players overlooking in the run game IS THE SIZE OF THEIR RB!!!! Big backs are going to fall forward when tackles (if they have momentum - scat backs are not) - but than again they generally dont have the SPD that SCAt backs do...

thats why io enjoy running with BOWMAN (year 2 draft) - he has 96 spd and is well over 230 pounds - Steewart is probably my FAV runner in thge game because of his size and 90 speed - tuff combo to beat - i would love to get my hand on the 270 pond rb jones - thats would be a lot of fun - but havent had the chance...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:51 pm

if you don't shift your line right, its going to be worse...and give you less protection/less room to run. shift it correctly and move opposite the slide protection and you have enough time to beat the overloads. same with running, when you notice the dt line up on your center go aggresive...when its vs a 43/46 or off center shift left or right. sometimes its a disaster, but most the times if done right help a ton with the run game/pass protection. i'll be around tonight if u wanna lab for a few.
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:46 pm

@ FF- yeah i should be on for some period of time... probably not like usually considering its valentines day.. but me and my girl already went out to eat for valentines but probably will spend more time together later 2nite... but i should be on for an couple hrs around 8pm cst until about 10 or 11pmcst..

@ shlarman- yeah im diffently about to just count to 10 and hold the analog stick will going through offensive playbooks and then when i get to 0 whatever playbook its stops at is the 1 i will be playing with..

@ greenerrr- i understand ur point about back size and speed but with u playing the defense like u did last nite no outside runs was working bc u had like an 3-4 look and had ur 2 de's outside of my oline and 5 in the box.. so my couples pitches went nowhere so i figured trying more dives since u had those de's outside more...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoWarrior79 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Do you only play in lg's in the Madden Group?
MoWarrior79
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:17 am

i play in 4 mg madden groups and did play in 1 other for 1 season but that lg was horrible.. every person including the commish did IOR.. and didnt know what the hell i was talking about trying to explain it gave undeserved yds.. then not one person knew what an pocket looked like.. it was mainly an snap and run back 10 or 15 yds then look for an guy.. or run right or left toward the sideline without pressure before looking downfield... and they didnt allow u to do scouting reports.. was really retarded... i took over the jags for 1 season went from 5-11 to 13-3.. and won the superbowl... and they used original rosters... and salary cap...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top