* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Man coverage on All-Madden is absurd

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Man coverage on All-Madden is absurd

Post by Mcnair2wycheck on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:44 pm

I've spent a ton of time in practice mode testing all sorts of route combo's both through regular plays and through hot routes and there are almost no undercenter plays that can beat man with even partial consistency. The receivers put up no fight for the ball, even the most physical WR's and TE's can appear to have perfect positioning on the defender and the DB will leap in front of them from 7 yards back for the pick with no fight given by the WR or the TE. This isn't a complaint, but moreso and observation and a defense argument for those who mostly throw to RB's and TE's. It's not done in an attempt to be cheap, it's done because unless you have a star WR, they almost never get open!

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man coverage on All-Madden is absurd

Post by bjcole26 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:50 pm

AMEN!!! I am not the best passer and actually have been speaking with JMO and CP about labbing to help me for this exact reason... It is even worse with the drafted teams have ALL speed guys in the secondary. It makes it impossible to find passing routes... Of course, the defense then plays 100% man coverage... It did not matter if i ran slants, streaks, drags, shake routes, etc..

Not complaining but again, i would love more help on this too.
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Offline All-Madden and online All-Madden aren't even close to the same thing though. Offline All-Madden versus the CPU, they will win every one-on-one battle pretty much everytime, no matter what the players ratings actually are. In online All-Madden, ratings matter a lot more. If you want tips on beating man coverage, feel free to send me a text or a PM, its not that hard to do and I'd be happy to help. I'm not even close to one of the top guys in the group either, I'm sure CP, JMO, Falcon and other would be able to help you out too.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:59 pm

i agree thats why i like to play on all-pro on all madden you get so much help from the cpu. Not trying to call anyone out but its alot of guy who think they are better than they really are. Sitting in a cover 1 all game don't take much skill, but whats really funny is when they play someone who eats it up they keep running it cause thats all they know how to do lol
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:i agree thats why i like to play on all-pro on all madden you get so much help from the cpu. Not trying to call anyone out but its alot of guy who think they are better than they really are. Sitting in a cover 1 all game don't take much skill, but whats really funny is when they play someone who eats it up they keep running it cause thats all they know how to do lol

agreed 1000% and also with everyone else, the more i see realistic gameplay out of man in all-pro mode in lobby games the more i HATE playing man-whore defense on all-madden especially vs teams who are stacked at 95-99 spd MCV corners sitting in cover 0, cover 1...or even funnier cover 2 man under all game while their db's shadow and execute my wr's routes in perfect synchronization.

here is a good video demonstration of man coverage in all madden...there is no buffer for online vs off, i don't know where this assumption comes from but the ai plays the same no matter what in every game mode and is only altered through difficulty settings and sliders...not on or offline gameplay, it only knows what its programmed to and thats the code of difficulty settings.

falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:22 pm

[quote="falconfansince81"]..there is no buffer for online vs off, i don't know where this assumption comes from but the ai plays the same no matter what in every game mode and is only altered through difficulty settings and sliders...not on or offline gameplay, it only knows what its programmed to and thats the code of difficulty settings.

[quote]

I promise you that's not true man, I used to only play offline franchise mode on All-Madden versus the cpu, it's much much more difficult. Now if you are talking about play now, offline, All-Madden, with a user on each team, that might be a different story. But when he said he was labbing I assumed he meant by himself in practice mode or something, versus the cpu.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:27 pm

the game is harder offline in a sense cause you dont have the human intervening with what the cpu wants to happen but other than that its the same oh and the game speed offline is faster
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:30 pm

yeah i'm sure the cpu will lower your player ratings to translate difficulty, but overall on all madden my point was that its a bit too consistent especially with a fast cb being able to shadow-route guys like larry fitz...its dumb, and it happens ALL the time. i lab human vs human usually vs the raiders to try and find man beaters but its not very often coverage is broken.

i can't stand it either but it is what it is...and if its one of those psychic route games all you can do it try to hope for a broken tackle for a big gain.

Last edited by falconfansince81 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:the game is harder offline in a sense cause you dont have the human intervening with what the cpu wants to happen but other than that its the same oh and the game speed offline is faster

It's more than just that though. If you play the CPU on All-Madden difficulty offline, and then play the CPU on All-Madden online (if you get a cpu game or whatever), I guarantee you will notice a big difference.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:35 pm

well all madden is level 15 i play on 20 offline so if you think all madden is bad it get much worse
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:37 pm

I don't like All Pro because there is more room for error as far as passing goes. You can have too many cheesy bombs and catches over the middle where guys hold on to everything and zones don't work very well. I like All Madden because guys who can't execute a precise passing game will not do well.

I'd rather pass against a guy running man all day - but there is that game every 1 in 10 games where the CPU is just ridiculous for one team and they are all over you in man coverage. In these games, it also seems that the CPU is all over you in run defense too - every d lineman is shedding his block as you try to find a whole. At least that's what I have experienced.
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:40 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:yeah i'm sure the cpu will lower your player ratings to translate difficulty, but overall on all madden my point was that its a bit too consistent especially with a fast cb being able to shadow-route guys like larry fitz...its dumb, and it happens ALL the time. i lab human vs human usually vs the raiders to try and find man beaters but its not very often coverage is broken.

Yeah I think that man coverage is too effective, I agree with that. I'm just saying if Mcnair is testing offline versus the CPU, he's not going to get very good results.

And while I agree that it's annoying as hell when the CB makes the receivers cut before the WR does, I disagree that every fast CB can stick with most WR's. I think everytime the WR makes any kind of a cut, the cpu compares the route running of the WR to the man coverage of the defender, and using that comparison and a random number generator, it comes up with the outcome. CB's with low man coverage consistently get lost on cuts by WR's with good route running. I used to think only speed mattered for CBs, which is how I originally drafted my MG Surf team, but the CB's on that team don't stick with WR's nearly as well as they do on my other 2 teams, where I drafted guys who had high man coverage.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:41 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:well all madden is level 15 i play on 20 offline so if you think all madden is bad it get much worse

haha i don't know how you do that, when I played on 15's I could score just fine, but I couldn't get a stop to save my life. I can't imagine how frustrated I'd get playing on 20's lol

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:43 pm

sam22smith wrote:I don't like All Pro because there is more room for error as far as passing goes. You can have too many cheesy bombs and catches over the middle where guys hold on to everything and zones don't work very well. I like All Madden because guys who can't execute a precise passing game will not do well.

I'd rather pass against a guy running man all day - but there is that game every 1 in 10 games where the CPU is just ridiculous for one team and they are all over you in man coverage. In these games, it also seems that the CPU is all over you in run defense too - every d lineman is shedding his block as you try to find a whole. At least that's what I have experienced.

+1. I feel like All-Pro games usually come down to who got the most lucky breaks or who has the ball last. At least on all-madden, the guy with the better stick skills, playcalling, and decision making usually wins.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 pm

sam22smith wrote:I don't like All Pro because there is more room for error as far as passing goes. You can have too many cheesy bombs and catches over the middle where guys hold on to everything and zones don't work very well. I like All Madden because guys who can't execute a precise passing game will not do well.

i think the cpu lb's vs the run game are just as bad with their cat-like reflexes post patch, whereas in the all-pro lobbys yeah you get a lot of guys trying to go deep but RARELY get any luck since if you called a decent defense you can easily user-defend. the run game also feels much better on iso's and off tackle, and even vs the raiders i don't get shadow routed every play. i play zone probably 75% in ranked games and in my 44 games my average points allowed is only 13 with average scored being 31 vs all that man.

idk, i just think the patch was geared more towards all pro online and ever since patch 5 i've noticed insane man coverage abilities with people playing it the whole game with a lot of success. it makes facing zone very rare, and why blame em when cover 1 & 2 works so well you don't even have to think about what offensive play your opponent might call. i don't think stick skills mean shit when you play cover 0 and just chase the rb around with a lb while the rest of your 99 speed 60 overall defense plays air-tight defense.
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:48 pm

ALL-PRO is better cause it promotes user skill in all madden you can just sit back in man coverage and watch the cpu shut guys down
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:57 pm

and for you guys who think man coverage means something (even though it dont) what difference does it matter when there are so many guys with high man coverage. interesting fact man coverage is one of the fastest growing attributes in progression lDW lg has 43 guys with man coverage of 90 or better is there really that many Elite CBs iin the NFL
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:08 pm

well i will admit im usually 1 of the guys using 100% man coverage but its not all its cracked up to be... i can have 2 fast fs and ss and have 4 cbs with 85 plus man coverage and lately i been getting buried more... in which i never call 2 man under.. i will call cover 1 but i also call and double something to where my fs is double covering the outside wr.. but after some recent games it just aint work as much for me anymore.. so i have been slowly throwing in some more zone looks.. to seem to work ok but just depends on what happens..

and man coverage can be beat easily where some of ur wrs will have good games u just need to have some crossing routes mixed in there or do some hot routes where at some point 2 wrs or 2 players are crossing and usually gets 1 of the wrs an step on the defender even if the defender has 90 plus man coverage and 90 plus speed.. i wouldnt suggest doing all crossing routes but mixing in some helps me...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:14 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:and for you guys who think man coverage means something (even though it dont) what difference does it matter when there are so many guys with high man coverage. interesting fact man coverage is one of the fastest growing attributes in progression lDW lg has 43 guys with man coverage of 90 or better is there really that many Elite CBs iin the NFL

you honestly don't think man coverage matters at all?

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Big difference in online vs offline. Online I beat the CPU close to 100%, offline it might not even be 50%. The difference is, when you play the CPU on all-madden offline, the CPU is better but your team is not, making it harder for you. Online on all-madden, both teams are better. So your receivers offline are at a big disadvantage vs the souped up defenders in a man coverage, online not so much. I do agree man is overpowered on All-Madden, but you can't use offline results to prove this.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:22 pm

surfnturf90 wrote:
Child_Please4285 wrote:and for you guys who think man coverage means something (even though it dont) what difference does it matter when there are so many guys with high man coverage. interesting fact man coverage is one of the fastest growing attributes in progression lDW lg has 43 guys with man coverage of 90 or better is there really that many Elite CBs iin the NFL

did u not watch FF video?
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:24 pm

oh and man coverage can be beat you notice all the top guys are still the top guys even though most ppl just run man coverage
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:32 pm

My defense has become ten times better since I started using more zones. I probably run half and half. Before the patch - zone defense in the all-pro lobby game was completely useless. Since I came from the lobby straight to the MG I was in the habit of running man all the time when I first got here. I hated it though. But I was doing it out of necessity because it was the only thing that would work. Thankfully, since the patch zones work so it's worth while to mix it up. Making the game way funner for me. It was so damn boring running man all the time.
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:
surfnturf90 wrote:

did u not watch FF video?

nope, I didn't know he posted one. Was it done on practice mode, offline, on all-madden though like the oline one?

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:22 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:ALL-PRO is better cause it promotes user skill in all madden you can just sit back in man coverage and watch the cpu shut guys down

If I just sit back in All Madden, let the CPU do all the work and run 2 man under I get throttled. I find I need to user cover a route, hopefully I read it correctly and I can take away his target. Then I find I also need to switch to a defender around the ball and make a play on it, I can't trust the All Madden CPU to make a play on the ball.

But in All Pro I find that guys aren't where they should be so I can't even make a play sometimes, even when I take out the number one route, my opponent can check down and get some lucky catch. Also, guys make CPU generated spectacular catches and hang on to the ball way more in All Pro. I find offensively you don't need nearly as much user skill in All Pro
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top