* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

the "IDIOT RULE" - governing council PLS VOTE

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the "IDIOT RULE" - governing council PLS VOTE

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:53 pm

with great sadness - I AM FORCED TO PROPOSE THE IDIOT RULE (i never thought it would come to this - but we are here)...

the rule i am proposing (hence forth to be refferred to as THE IDIOT RULE) is proposed to be as follows:

IDIOT RULE: any BLATANTLY UNSIM ACTIONS (that any REASONABLE person could see as CLEARLY UNSIM) is prohibitted...

we are not talking about ANY GRAY AREAS or "differences in opinion" on SIM actions - we are speaking about those actions that ANY REASONABLE PERSON can clearly and easily see ARE NOT SIM...

a few examples of BLATANTLY UNSIM ACTIONS (and sadly these are all REAL LIFE EXAMPLES where people said, "there was no rule against it - so i thought it was ok" - which is a total BS and just an excuse for them to SKIRT SIM PLAY)

1) running around IN CIRCLES prior to the snap to build up MOMENTUM with the player you control (making ACCELERATION 100% INCONSEQUENTIAL) and allowing your player to ATTACK THE LOS at FULL SPEED - jet threw blocking - BLOWING UP RUN PLAYS at the point of attack or RUNNING AROUND pass blocking schemes! (this is not reffering to guys trying to `TIME THE QBs SNAP COUNT` - WHICH IS LEGIT BEHAVOUR - but guys CONTINUOUSLY running in GRATUITOUS CIRCLES (or other GEOMETRIC SHAPES for u wanna be lawyers - i could just see some1 sayn that they were running around in a HEXAGON so they thought it was ok! LOL!) without a care of the play count and attacking the play accordingly...)

sadly the actions of 1 player doing this BS (even though it was sanctioned IMMEDIATELY by the commish - lead to dtigertron GIVING UP MADDEN (that was the straw that broke the camels back for him - AND THE MG LOST A FOUNDING MEMBER WHO WAS ASIM PLAYER OF THE HIGHEST PERCENTILE - an absolute travesty to have a chzer do this to him!

2) running pass plays (or run plays) 100% of the game - i am not talking about 97% - 98% or even 99% -i am saying 100%!!!!!!! (not even a token QB scramble or HB draw!).... This is an absolute no brainer - clearly UNSIM - if any1 can show me an NFL game where this is even CLOSE TO HAPENING - love to see it!!!! (and this is true - this happened and the player got a PASS because he CLAIMED that it wasnt in the rules and it SEEMED SIM TO HIM!!!!) - well when we pass this rule - such BS artists wont be able to hide behind the "i didnt know that was NOT SIM" defense (which is absolute BS)

3) guys puposely assigning LBs to COVER SPEEDY WRs... THEN THEY RUN A BLITZ SCHEME and use the OVERSIZED LBs to jam the NATURALLY SMALLER WR at the LOS - giving the QB no BLITZ COUNTER OPTION TO THROW TO and creating an instant sack - (yes a player was doing this - pausing between plays - changing the coaching assignments on key downs) - this is a 100% game exploit and no way in hell any COACh would PUPOSELY assign a LB to cover a WR (even just to jam him at the LOS - it just wouldnt happen)...

I hope these 3 examples show what i mean by BLATANTLY UNSIM ACTION - i want to reiterate - this rule does not cover GREY AREAS - just areas where guys are KNOWINGLY TRYN TO SKIRT SIM PLAY AND ARE HIDING BEHIND THE IDIOT DEFENSE (they say, `ì didnt know it wasnt SIM` - clearly BS

I realize this is ANOTHER NO BRAINER RULE ADDITION - and its a sad commentary that we are forced to even put such a rule in writing - but commishes are actually FALLING for the IDIOT DEFENSE - and this rule will make such defense UNACCEPTABLE!

Governiong Console pls vote:

YES - I WANT THIS RULE and i will do my part to elliminate the IDIOT DEFENSE FROM THE MG...

or

NO - lets not have this rule (and allow people to continue to SKIRT SIM PLAY and get away with BS as loNg as they claim to be an IDIOT!)
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the "IDIOT RULE" - governing council PLS VOTE

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:05 pm

clearly - I AM FAVOUR OF THIS RULE...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:06 pm

First let me say this, I think players that run their me around in circles prior to the snap are trying to fool the blocking AI for sure. That is BS in my opinion. However, I feel if someone wants to run all game, or throw all game that's on them. No one and I mean NO ONE, can win running the ball every single offensive play, so that's on them. Passing is a little different, but it's not impossible to beat guys who pass all the time. I wouldn't call it BS...is it 100% Sim? No. But I thought we already had a rule about play selection. I guess I'd support that part of the rule too though. The final part though I have something against. If people want to put LBs on WRs that's on them. As far as I know (which isn't very far) the ability to jam is based on the Press rating of the defender VS the release rating of the WR. Usually, LBs don't have high press...so I don't see the problem at all. I wish all my WRs could be matched up on LBs. LBs match up on slot WR, TE, and Backs all the time in real life anyway. Also they can only pause so many times per half so it's not like they can do it every play anyway.

But since it apparently looks like this rule comes as a package deal, and I only half support the 2nd part and don't support the 3rd part at all, my vote on this rule is NO.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:10 pm

im not in favor of this rule
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:First let me say this, I think players that run their me around in circles prior to the snap are trying to fool the blocking AI for sure. That is BS in my opinion. However, I feel if someone wants to run all game, or throw all game that's on them. No one and I mean NO ONE, can win running the ball every single offensive play, so that's on them. Passing is a little different, but it's not impossible to beat guys who pass all the time. I wouldn't call it BS...is it 100% Sim? No. But I thought we already had a rule about play selection. I guess I'd support that part of the rule too though. The final part though I have something against. If people want to put LBs on WRs that's on them. As far as I know (which isn't very far) the ability to jam is based on the Press rating of the defender VS the release rating of the WR. Usually, LBs don't have high press...so I don't see the problem at all. I wish all my WRs could be matched up on LBs. LBs match up on slot WR, TE, and Backs all the time in real life anyway. Also they can only pause so many times per half so it's not like they can do it every play anyway.

But since it apparently looks like this rule comes as a package deal, and I only half support the 2nd part and don't support the 3rd part at all, my vote on this rule is NO.

JMO - these are only examples - and you would vote against anything i propse so no shocker - even if it meant calling yourself an IDIOT...

WE ARE IN A SIM LG - NITPICKING MY EXAMPLES - and saying that PASSING 100% OF THE TIME IS OK AND IS sim is just OUTRAGOUS! (and i am not talking about 98% or 99% - i am saying 100% - every down... AFTERALL WE ARE A SIM LG - we have to have some ACCOUNATBILITY TO SIM PLAY ) - and just because its POSSIBLE TO WIN A GAME BY PASSING ALL THE TIME - doesnt make it SIM!!!!!!

as far as what helps make A PRESS SUCCESSFUL and WHAT DOES NOT - this has no basis to the discussion - THE IDEA IS TO ILIMINATE CLEARLY UNSIOM BEHAVOUR that any IDIOT would see as UNSIM - AND INTENTIONALLY putting a WR on a LB (regardless of the reasons for it) - is UNSIM as it gets - AND IT WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF OUTRAGOUS BEHAVOUR - not a debate whether u could counter it or not - THATS NOT WEHAT WE ARE VOTING ON - CAN U READ THE PROPOSAL PLS! and bvote on that! it takes basic and simple READING COMPRHENSION! but i am sure u have the ability as a college grad - my examples are just that EXAMPLES - what we are voting on is guys using the IDIOT DEFENSE for clearly UNSIM BEHAVOUR!...

- I could have gone to the MADDEN SCHOOL and DUG UP SOME KNOWN GLITCHES AND GAME EXPLOITS for this rule as other examples - BUT FRANKLY I DIDNT WANT TO GIVE THE BS ARTISTS MORE AMUNITION TO EXPLOIT OTHER UNSUSPECTING PLAYERS IN online franchise play or in the lobbies...

so - whether or not u LIKE MY EXAMPLES IS NOT WHAT I AM ASKING PEOPLE TO VOTE ON - i am asking members to vote for the essence of SIM PLAY - and guys are skirting SIM play INTENTIONALL AND SAYN `I DIDNT KNOW THATS WASNT A RULE`- that has to stop - and if u vote against this rule - ask yourself - are youy part of the problem or part of the solution? - AND ARE U TRUELY A SIM PLAYER ? (WE ALL KNOW WHERE jmo STANDS with his 4th and 8 gambles on his 42 in the 1st quarter)
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:36 pm

Quiting and conceding should be apart of the rule... It's not sim to quit right green? Quiting iOS not an option in the NFL... Regardless of how much bs happens...
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:40 pm

jmojsoski wrote:Quiting and conceding should be apart of the rule... It's not sim to quit right green? Quiting iOS not an option in the NFL... Regardless of how much bs happens...

STICK to the discussion at hand - but CONCEDING is legit when done correctly - and QUITING WHEN YOUR DEALING WITH A BS OPPONENT AND HIS BS ACTION IS 100% OK... if u dont want guys to quiton you - DONT BE A bs ARTIST! i dont tolerate BS IN MY LIFE - maybe u do - i am certainly not gonna tolerate BS in a video game....
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:42 pm

im not on the counsil.. i do think running in circles is alittle unsim but not really.. i mean i dont do it i control the dline like DT most the game so i dont have anything to worry about there.. but the whole 2nd example i think is taken it to the extreme.. bc the rule stated as long as ur not running the same play 20% of time thin ur ok... i mean like i have told many of people.. and i will tell u.. i have completely given up on running the football.. with most people blitzing now.. it makes it literally impossible to run with success even if u have a beast oline.. so i converted to litterally passing almost every down out of 8 different formations and only running if im in the redzone where i can run goal line.. or since i have scrambling qbs in most of my lgs then i aint got nothing open then i will take off and run the ball.. i dont know if that would count as a run play but with my new passing system it works a whole lot better then me trying to run the football behind 90 overall oline and still by the end of the game carrying the ball 15 to 18 times for maybe 50 yds if im lucky.. its just a complete waste of time in my opinion... so making people have to run and taking away from their game plan is a complete bs.. i mean i played cheddah recently where i passed every down and i do mean every down and the only runs i had was with kolb and pat white if nothing was open.. and cheddah won the game 31 to 21.. so i dont think making someone run if their game plan is to pass is fine.. i mean like cheddah said its on the person who is doing it.. like me that game against cheddah it was on me to decide weather to try to run against him or pass.. and cheddah is a good madden player and tough to run on from previous experience.. so i went passing all game and came out with decent success but i didnt win the game.. i dont think its unsim by no means..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:46 pm

SASTAR - running with your QB IS A RUN PLAY - u wouldnt even be close to 100% in that game - the example wasnt referring to you... so let your conscious be free..

THINK ABOUT IT - even you (a guy who admitly has trouble running the ball - and is more skilled at passing) - U TRIED TO PASS EVERY SINGLE DOWN - AND U COUDNT DO IT!!!! it would take real EXTREME BEHAVOUR NOT TO HAVE 1 SINGLE RUN ALL GAME - and thats the extreme behavour that this rule is the target of...

butr once again - u are getting STUCK ON MY EXAMPLE - and they are just that examples - ALL WE ARE OUTLAWING IS THE IDIOT DEFENSE - of sayn that `` I DIDNT KNOW MY ACTIONS WERE NOT SIM` - I DONT HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL - i cant dream up the BS guys dream up to get an OBSURD ADVANTAGE - but i KNOW IT WHEN I SEE IT! - this rules outlwas this OBSCENE and EXTREME behavour!

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Yup so you can take a shot at me regarding 4th downs and it's not the topic but if I take a shot at you you tell me to stay on topic hahaha get real you hypocrite... You are a winnie little female when you lose, shit I lost 3 of my last 5 games... Do you see me coming up here and call out bs stuff, no... Take you lost like a man, don't quit when someone does something you don't agree with... And there is no such thing as Quiting and conceding in the NFL.. And we are relating the NFL style of play to the definition of sim right? Do you see them Quiting? Did you see the broncos concede when they got beat by the raiders 59-28?
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:54 pm

jmojsoski wrote:Yup so you can take a shot at me regarding 4th downs and it's not the topic but if I take a shot at you you tell me to stay on topic hahaha get real you hypocrite... You are a winnie little female when you lose, shit I lost 3 of my last 5 games... Do you see me coming up here and call out bs stuff, no... Take you lost like a man, don't quit when someone does something you don't agree with... And there is no such thing as Quiting and conceding in the NFL.. And we are relating the NFL style of play to the definition of sim right? Do you see them Quiting? Did you see the broncos concede when they got beat by the raiders 59-28?

not even worth a response (but i guess i hit a nerve with your 4th and 8 gamble in the 1st quarter on YOUR 42 - I SUSPECT DEEP DOWN EVEN U KNOW THAT IS AN UNSIM PLAY - even though u would never admit to it)...

- but if u wanna include CONCEDING and QUITING AS AN EXAMPLE - i would care less - but u voted against the rule -
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Im not the majority so if conceding and Quiting was added it could still pass...smart ass
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Maybe I'm confused here then. Let me explain what I'm not understanding. Say on my play select screen I see a guy with 3wr 1rb 1te. Most times I come out in a Nickel for that because it usually means pass. So in that situation all WR would be covered with a DB. However, against run heavy guys, or the better players, I might come out in a 3-4 in that situation...ESPECIALLY since I usually stack my team with coverage linebackers. If I think run, I might even blitz. In this situation, there would be linebackers lined up on WRs. If I decided to press bc I was blitzing to prevent a quick throw if my run blitz selection was wrong, then an LB would technically be pressing a WR. This error in play selection isn't as prominent in the NFL. But similar circumstances DO occur in real life. Greener, maybe you want to PM me how this is unsim? Because I don't see exactly which part of it you're referring to as unsim. If it's linebackers on WR, then I still Disagree, if it's the pressing part of it then I still disagree (linebackers in real life don't necessarily press, but they definitely chip TEs releasing from the LOS...and in madden you can't make a distinction between a chip or a press, nor can you decide to just press Dbacks or press individuals...as far as I know), if it's the blitzing while pressing with LBs, I still disagree (it's beneficial to press/chip when you're blitzing to throw off timing). If there's something I'm missing, please let me know. if you don't wanna say it because a lot of people will exploit it, PM me.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:04 pm

jmojsoski wrote:Im not the majority so if conceding and Quiting was added it could still pass...smart ass

clearly U ARE THE MINORITY playing in a SIM LG and being truely a FREE-STYLE player - u look for every weak point in the rules - every angle u could get - REGARDLESS OF ITS AUTHENTICITY TO SIM PLAY- if it could be SEEN AS LEGAL but was CLEARLY UNSIM - but gave u an advantage - U WOULD DO IT WITHOUTY HEISTATION - and thats why i have a problem with you -

u are a SMART GUY - u understand the ESSENCE OF SIM PLAY - but look for weaknesses in our CODE OF RULES and look to exploit SIM play for your own personal advanatge - A SIM PLAYER WOULD NEVER DO UNSIM ACTION end of storey (whether it was covered in the rules or not) - BUT WE HAVE ALREADY ESTABLISHED you as a FREESTYLE player POSING as a SIM player - that much is clear...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:Maybe I'm confused here then. Let me explain what I'm not understanding. Say on my play select screen I see a guy with 3wr 1rb 1te. Most times I come out in a Nickel for that because it usually means pass. So in that situation all WR would be covered with a DB. However, against run heavy guys, or the better players, I might come out in a 3-4 in that situation...ESPECIALLY since I usually stack my team with coverage linebackers. If I think run, I might even blitz. In this situation, there would be linebackers lined up on WRs. If I decided to press bc I was blitzing to prevent a quick throw if my run blitz selection was wrong, then an LB would technically be pressing a WR. This error in play selection isn't as prominent in the NFL. But similar circumstances DO occur in real life. Greener, maybe you want to PM me how this is unsim? Because I don't see exactly which part of it you're referring to as unsim. If it's linebackers on WR, then I still Disagree, if it's the pressing part of it then I still disagree (linebackers in real life don't necessarily press, but they definitely chip TEs releasing from the LOS...and in madden you can't make a distinction between a chip or a press, nor can you decide to just press Dbacks or press individuals...as far as I know), if it's the blitzing while pressing with LBs, I still disagree (it's beneficial to press/chip when you're blitzing to throw off timing). If there's something I'm missing, please let me know. if you don't wanna say it because a lot of people will exploit it, PM me.

is this contagous? - STOP NIT PICKING MY EXAMPLES - they are just that examples - I AM NOT DEBATING IF THINGS WOULD WORK OR NOT - we are voting on the obvious!!!! if it makes u happy - i will take that example out... AND GO TO MADDEN SCHOOL AND FIND SOME OTHER BS EXPLOIT...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Lmao
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:17 pm

OK - seeing WE are totally distracted from the topic at hand - forget the LB press example... and i insert this exaMPLE OF clearly unsim BEHAVOUR - i hOPE THIS KEEPS U GUYS HAPPY AND ON TOPIC...

Pistol formation glitch - flip the play and quickly audible and brandon jacobs lined up behind eli...i then did a default run audible and he handed it to him right by his side = 20 yard gain...

CLEAR EXPLOITS LIKE THIS WOULD BE WHAT WE ARE TARGETING -obvious crap...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Obviously I'm not on the council, but here is my unsolicited .02:

I think the reason that people are having a hard time wrapping their head around the rule is because it is poorly written.
It is overbroad and leads to subjective interpretations.

How the hell can we have a rule that bans UNSIM play, when people can't agree on what that means? To me it is an attempt to codify GREENERR's opinion of what is and isn't bs. Ultimately, it would lead to more conflicts like the one going on right now with the running out of bounds incident.

edit: And if you can find an example that is clearly bs (like the pistol glitch), why not include that SPECIFICALLY in the rules? Why make a general rule that has no meaning except (possibly) what GREENERR concludes is UNSIM?

mblammers
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Thank you blammers, only one person has answered the question, what is sim play? It was Flacon... But green has never answered that question...sim play is a heavily opinionated pharse and it makes way for hypocrites like green to call bs on anything.. We should have a thread posing that question
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:29 pm

I actually get what he's saying.

If something is not specifically against the rules, but is still clearly unsim (I like the running in circles analogy, I played someone who would run his MLB back and forth so he already had speed build up at the snap and could then do some pretty amazing blitzes with him), then it's not allowed. We have that rule in my other leagues, and it works out pretty well, but that league is not full of rule lawyers like this group is, and the guys are basically all true sim players anyway.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:34 pm

@Grnr:

Ohhh I thought the examples you gave were specific things being outlawed. As far as the new rule...I think it's already a given bro. The goal of the group is to outlaw things that are OBVIOUS breaches of sim play. However, if you want to make that a rule that's cool with me. But I'd agree that a rule needs to be specific. Saying "a breach of obvious sim play" is very general. As people with deep backgrounds in football, what is obviously unsim to us might not be so obvious to others. Even between you and me, what your football philosophy and upbringing might tell you is SIM, might not be what my football philosphy and upbringing tell me is SIM.

For example, a person who LIKES football, and watches the colts from time to time and plays in our group might understand SIM as not glitching, punting in normal situations, etc...but they might also think it's SIM to run a no huddle offense every play and throw the ball 95% of the time. To me, a person who LOVES football and has watched and played organized ball my entire life...I don't think it's very SIM to reflect that style of play in Madden for a number of reasons (such as the complexity of running a no huddle offense not being reflected at all in Madden...among a LONG list of other reasons).

So what I'm saying a general rule is already in place, and I'm fine with you making a new one that says it in a written manner, but you're opening up a HUGE can because it's so general.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:38 pm

jmojsoski wrote:Thank you blammers, only one person has answered the question, what is sim play? It was Flacon... But green has never answered that question...sim play is a heavily opinionated pharse and it makes way for hypocrites like green to call bs on anything.. We should have a thread posing that question

I'd guarantee you get a different answer to that question from every single member of the group. It's not something you can define, otherwise we wouldn't need rules. There's also a difference between what goes on in the NFL and works sometimes, and what you can do in Madden. Specifically I think of the QB subbing. Doesn't work in the NFL, save wildact situations and direct snaps, and even the success rate on those is spotty. But works hella good in madden if you can do it right. Does it occur on Sundays? Yes (in those 2 situations, or in Washington). Do I think it's Sim to do it in madden? Not unless you're pulling your starter for the rest of the game.

I guess my definition would not fall along the lines of: If you see it on Sundays...
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Okay....Look.

Post by Fr8trainShane on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:40 pm

First, Quitting or Conceding in any form is UNSIM. It doesn't matter what your opponent was doing in the game, quitting or conceding is childish and unacceptable.
  1. First off, if you quit, you are unable to produce and game film to support any claims you may have. Which then makes it a HE SAID, SHE SAID argument, of which there can be no winner. Hell, 99% of the posts on this entire forum is of this sort, and its BS. It sounds like a bunch of children whining "I'm taking my Ball and going home." Its sad to read, and even worse that you can't act like men when discussing a game.
  2. Second, If you can find me a single example of an NFL team quitting or conceding a game, I'll agree to this. You won't, because you can't. Its UNSIM.

Second, Running out of bounds to end the game is absolutely 100% SIM. Does it happen often in the NFL? No. But thats largely because of the disconnect between Madden and the real game. And as a football coach, you should agree, that there isn't a single team at any level that wants to put the ball back into the opposing teams hands to give them a chance to win the game. You are coached to go down inbounds, keep the clock running..just get the first down etc. Running out of bounds keeps the ball in your offenses hand. If the player scores, there is a chance of a TD return, they could score, and kick onsides....all of which has the ball in another teams hands, and increases the other teams chances of coming back. No team is going to do that... So I completely 100% disagree with you on this.

Third, I agree on the running in circles while on Defense. Its a clear attempt to fool the AI, or gain an unfair advantage. I will say however, that if you control a Linebacker and dart in and out in a straight line towards the DLine, that it is 100% SIM. It happens all the time. Straight line stuff, OKAY, any other shapes...not okay.

Lastly, GREENERRRR, this is mostly for you. Why do you find the need TO DO THIS on ALL OF YOUR POSTS? It reads like a child wrote it, or that you are having some sort of hissy fit. I think you'll have better results using Bold. Just a suggestion. Everytime I read your posts, I swear its like you are having a temper tantrum or something.... I understand you are trying to get your point across, but it reads like you are stomping your foot and getting all red in the face. Just an observation from my short time here.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
jmojsoski wrote:Thank you blammers, only one person has answered the question, what is sim play? It was Flacon... But green has never answered that question...sim play is a heavily opinionated pharse and it makes way for hypocrites like green to call bs on anything.. We should have a thread posing that question

I'd guarantee you get a different answer to that question from every single member of the group. It's not something you can define, otherwise we wouldn't need rules. There's also a difference between what goes on in the NFL and works sometimes, and what you can do in Madden. Specifically I think of the QB subbing. Doesn't work in the NFL, save wildact situations and direct snaps, and even the success rate on those is spotty. But works hella good in madden if you can do it right. Does it occur on Sundays? Yes (in those 2 situations, or in Washington). Do I think it's Sim to do it in madden? Not unless you're pulling your starter for the rest of the game.

I guess my definition would not fall along the lines of: If you see it on Sundays...

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I AM GETTING AT WITH THIS RULE - glad u finally get it - and we are NOT TALKING ABOUT DIOFFERENCE IN OPINION STUFF - we are talking about the CLEARLY OUTRAGOUS - the absolute NO BRAINERS...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:46 pm

the problem is guys intentionally skirting SIM rules and than after the fact saying `well there is no rule against it`(because we havent dream up that BS to make a rule) or they say,`i didnt know that was SIM` - how could any LEGIT PLAYER argue that this sort of behavour is ACCEPTABLE?
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top