* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Week 1 Reflections and Game Ball

Go down

Week 1 Reflections and Game Ball

Post by falconfansince81 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Team Performance:

i've never had an 'explosive' offense, and for the most part rely on defense to create turnovers to control time of possession and put together long, methodical drives. i tend to lose when i get overly aggressive with the pass, and vs someone like CP being careless can cost the game even with 1 turnover. surprisingly, my shallow secondary held up ok but was very suspect on run D. i was pleased with grants performance and boldin really lived up to his 99 CIT rating. rivers had a couple errand passes, one on a key third down on a basic slant route i wasn't too thrilled about but none resulted in turnovers so overall he was just fine.

Game Summary:

chris houston came up big with an int on the texans first dirve that led to a 13 yard stike to boldin putting the colts up 7-0, and nearly killing the entire first quarter. the texans next drive came up short leading to a 50 yard fg bringing the score to 7-3. between boldins clutch receptions and grant pounding away indy was able to tack on another score through the air on an inside route to vincent jackson for a 15 yard td pass to go up 14-3 with little time remaining in the second. a costly favre fumble on their 30 allowed the colts to kick a fg right before half putting them up 17-3.

the 2nd half saw the texans well adjusted to the colts d and with the help of a deep pass down the sideline found themselves in indys red zone for the first time all game. coach FF dialed up a 7 man blitz and forced favre into throwing at a well covered larry fitz in the endzone where chris houston came up big for his 2nd int. though the colts drive stalled, they were able to work the clock and make the texans string together another long drive where they were successful this time with a 2 yard dump to their fb on 3rd and goal narrowing the gap 17-10 closing out the 3rd.

sticking to their gameplan, indy worked some field but was forced to punt it away giving the texans a chance to tie the game. however after a texan 4 and out with a little over 2 remaining, the colts managed to work the ball down field and score on a 1 yard fb dive to go up 24-10 with just over a minute remaining. despite favre throwing a td pass with 19 seconds left, the onside kick was recovered by indy to secure a 24-17 win over the division rival texans.

GAMEBALL:

game ball goes to chris houston for stepping it up with his coverage on larry fitz and snagging 2 int's.
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum