* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

MADDEN 11 PATCH UPDATE 1.05!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MADDEN 11 PATCH UPDATE 1.05!

Post by surfnturf90 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:35 am

saastar wrote: i noticed my run game has got worse.. and it seems like that the oline is sucking worse.. bc i have a beast oline with 90 overalls and great pass and run blocking but yet they got block worth a fuck and i couldnt get a 2 yd gain and it seemd liked no one was blocking anyone.. even when i tried to pass.. going to be very long yr..

Damn, i had the exact opposite experience from both you guys, if anything it seemed like running was easier for some reason ha. I downloaded the patch, I wonder if the guy I played didn't have it yet though.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:56 am

Well, idk if villa had the patch or not. But it was HIS defense that seemingly took better angles to the ball carrier. I don't think it makes running any tougher, unless you used certain moves to get around the AI's bad angles. If you really follow your blockers you won't notice much of a difference.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:10 am

lol.. in my game there was no blockers.. his defense just was right there every time... was a load of crap... no matter if i did dives, power o, tosses, counters.. wasnt nothing working.. im just going to have to keep adjusting my running game or just abandon the run completely and become a passing only team.. and in ur new lg just draft straight for passing only bc this is getting ridiculous

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:49 am

FF is right - Madden made blocking worse - dont know how many runs i had blown upo in the backfield - players MLB shooting gaps like they werent even there - no need to blitz to stop the run - just play zone and shoot a gap with a spd LB or safety playn OLB - 100% disappointment - why cant these guys get there heads out of their ass and FIX WHAT REALLY IS BROKEN???? WHERE DO THEY GET THIS CRAP? i can understand the pass defense thing - but ONLY A SMALL % OF PLAYERS RUN THE BALL ANYHOW - THIS IS JUST GONNA MAKE THAT WORSE...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:06 pm

I may be new here, but I am one of the players that love to run the ball. I haven't noticed a significant change with this patch at all.
Hopefully they fixed some of the passing defense because that is truly where the problems with this game lie (amongst a long list of other things).
But online play is horrendous with the way it was, but I didn't see a whole lot of a game speed difference even after the patch.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:23 pm

My whole game revolves around keeping players stumped as to where I'm going to run. I do a lot of tosses/sweeps with Johnson but I also like to run inside as well, this better not screw everything and let people stop the inside run while actually lineing up to stop the outside run.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Mcnair2wycheck wrote:My whole game revolves around keeping players stumped as to where I'm going to run. I do a lot of tosses/sweeps with Johnson but I also like to run inside as well, this better not screw everything and let people stop the inside run while actually lineing up to stop the outside run.

I've played about 4 games with the patch so far. I used to think I was a pound the rock guy, because I'll give my back 18-30 carries a game depending on the defense, but I'd say in terms of actual skill I'm a balanced player. I run the ball just pretty good...not great. I throw the ball pretty good but not great there either. However in all 4 of those games I've rushed for over 100 yds with my backs (Fred Jackson, Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch, Arian Foster) and none of them are speed backs. If anything I think they made running better. Before, at least in my opinion, defenders took weird angles towards the back and the only reason you got tackled was because of proximity where you'd get sucked into an animation. In effect, if you knew how to work the angles the AI took you could be effective at running by not really following your blockers but by running in a way that the defending AI's angles either brought them in proximity with a blocker or put them on an incorrect angle you could manuever around. I think now, although proximity still sucks you in, defenders take better angles and running is based now more around where you SHOULD be running and not around trying to figure out wacky angles.

In case anyone was wondering, although I use power backs, I still run to the outside, off the edge, between the tackles, and in the A gap...and I haven't had a problem running anywhere. Sometimes it gets stuffed, but that SHOULD happen. I think rushing is fine in this game. I haven't noticed the pass defense changes, but I don't run much zone. maybe I'll lab some lobby games to see if I notice anything.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:36 pm

^^ thats good to hear cheddah, i haven't played post patch but was def concerned about the running...
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:09 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:^^ thats good to hear cheddah, i haven't played post patch but was def concerned about the running...

Trust me. You'll be fine. I think if anything it's better. The gap assignments work well for defenders, and it seemed like running up the middle was more about recognizing where the hole would be and running outside was more about beating guys around the edge, but in cases where it was obvious I couldn't (because they took good angles) I was able to find a seam to cut it upfield. Sometimes that seam resulted in a short gain or me getting back to the LOS, and othertimes I was able to get a sizeable gain from cutting it up early. Overall the differences are minimal, but I think I noticed them, and I can say I think it was for the better
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top