* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Pats season 3 week 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pats season 3 week 1

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:51 am

Played the Cards (sickxstick) and got the W in an ugly, game. Sick's game is filled with more cheese than anyone I've seen. Thanks to good old madden, most plays had no replays. And after trying to create the 2 viewable highlights for 20min (while I made EZ wait to play our gm) I made a mistake and forgot to upload the highlights I made. Are they still on my hard drive maybe? If someone knows let me know.

Anyway on D he runs two plays, both from Nickel Sub. On one he literally drops all 11 defenders into coverage. On the other he stacks a side with two fast blitzers and controls the inside man. On the snap he strafes the line which draws the lineman, and the other has a clear line to ur QB. 3 steps and sack.

On Offense he runs the ppost pattern that AI defenders can't defend because they take a retarded angle (this is from a singleback 3wr set), a cross to his speedy wr gavin (or something), or streak plays to receivers. Occasionally he will run a screen. When he comes out in strong I close its either a strong side toss, or a hb misdirect play.

Scouting report finished. Hopefully the replays are on my hard drive somewhere and I can post them
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pats season 3 week 1

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 pm

So I found the replays I was able to get. I was only able to get 2, bc most plays either didn't have replays, or bc they went for long yardage and the replay that was available only got the last parts of it. Anyway, in one replay he's shown dropping all 11 guys in coverage...both were from the nickel sub. The other one, take a look at the blitzer from the left side (it's a quick play), he did these two plays ALL game. Now, I tried everything I could to get that guy blocked but it was IMPOSSIBLE. Which I think is the definition of cheese. There should be some kind of counter to every play, but there was no way to get this guy blocked. I moved a RB to that side and it didnt work. I slid protection and it didn't work. I tried everything. So I spent the whole game doing taking the snap and throwing it right away. Not only is that boring as hell, once he started catching on and hot routing players to the flats it became near impossible to throw the ball because only flats and quick slants had time to develop. Every once in a while I could take the snap and immediately lob it up to an outside streaking receiver but it only worked once. I think that's the definition of cheese right there.

Dropping 11 men in coverage speaks for itself. Also, keep in mind that I won the game anyway, so I'm not complaining bc I'm a sore loser or something. I'm complaining bc this loser doesn't belong in our group if he's gonna play like this. This is the 2nd time I've played him and its the same BS with this guy. Here's the link: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/53168141

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/53168006

In the second video, Tebow isn't throwing a comeback route either, it's just bc I got hit when I threw the ball 85% of the time and that play luckily worked out.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:41 pm

can't really see anything in the 2nd one, the 1st one is bs though.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:45 pm

ageed the 1 replay is hard to see - BUT DROPPING 12 GUYS INTO COVERAGE - is 100% bs - this will be discussed with him...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Yeah the first replay is hard. It's a blitz from the outside where he moves like 3 players off the edge (one is controlled by himself to draw the blocker) and the computerized blitzer gets to the QB untouched regardless of if there is an extra blocker on the edge or at RB. My QB was either sacked, hit while throwing, or hit just as he got the throw off on EVERY PLAY of the game where he wasn't dropping everyone in coverage. This was the best replay I could find, but admittedly it's pretty shitty.

The other replay is obvious.

I understand that only the replay of his coverage can be viewed as evidence, but just for conversation's sake, I think it's really unsim to run the same Blitz over and over, especially a blitz that has a Defender hitting the QB within 2-3 steps of receiving a snap.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:59 pm

Oh in the hard to see replay watch it a few times and take note of a couple things. A, Tebow is in a SHOTGUN. B, After receiving the snap, he takes 2 chop steps. C. He's hit while throwing.

I don't expect that to count as evidence, but I mean come one, that a pretty quick blitz to hit a QB in shotgun who doesn't even drop back a full yard. You can also see that the angle of the pass rusher is so that my blocker can't even come close to blocking him. I can understand if he ran that blitz in moderation, but I mean the whole game? When have you ever seen a team run THE SAME BLITZ all game?
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:11 pm

1. Greener you have seen my blitz its on guy (Sam Shields coming off the edge 97 SPD) i User the deep saftey or my middle hook zone for coverage. Its not nickel sub btw!

2. I never knew i couldnt drop guys back to play an obvious passing down. Why not have extra guys to prevent the short pass.

3 I run a play out of shotgun and its 2 default routes its 2 deep posts. a 94 spd WR vs an high 7p low 80 spd LB You tell me who wins that.

Ive ran the same blitz all year. I dont trust user blitzes i Play deep Safety all game
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=634104157

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:16 pm

I mixed it in with different coverages, Its an overload blitz you wouldnt block a RB alll game so yes i ran it alot.

Everyone thats played me has seen this blitz.

No one has had a problem playing me. SurfnTurf saw my Defense, twice once when i played Shlarman like 3 days ago and once when he stomped me 17-0. So come on dude 17 weeks no complaints other than reggie being #1 WR and that was on my default depth chart the CPU set it that way.

Come on man get real, IF GREENERR AND VISTA HAD A PROBLEM THEY WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING!!!
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:23 pm

Hell i still have the text of you accusing me of running 1 5 5, which isnt even in my playbook! How credible are you?
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:28 pm

You made no adjustments to block RBs.

"So I spent the whole game doing taking the snap and throwing it right away. Not only is that boring as hell, once he started catching on and hot routing players to the flats it became near impossible to throw the ball because only flats and quick slants had time to develop. Every once in a while I could take the snap and immediately lob it up to an outside streaking receiver but it only worked once."

SOUNDS LIKE GOOD d TO ME!!!
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Ok heres the funny part I blitzed him but the only people that have sacks is Briggs (DE) and Whitner. I play whitner at OLB.

I could see if I sacked you 10 times but my only 2 sacks were from a DE and an OLB. I was hurrying your pass.

Now if I cant run 11 man coverage (Which i didnt know was illegal) I wont run it anymore. You have my word.

My offense consists of every formation in my Playbook. But I have certain plays I run out of certain formations. I dont run the same plays over and over. Now I do have my Money plays which I might run 5-8 times a game but no more than that.

My blitz conists of 5 people blitzing a Nickelback and 4 down lineman thats it.

Pretty simple, easily stopped with a chip block, but if your not going to chip im going to rip your QB to pieces if i can!

sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:00 pm

First of all, I tried motioning my TE to the other side which didn't work. I also tried moving my RB there and that didn't work either. Secondly, I don't care that you run that blitz, it's not illegal, what I'm saying is it's cheap that you ran it all game, except when you dropped your whole team into coverage. Third, the fact that you just asked what's wrong with dropping everyone into coverage PROVES that you're unsim. When have you ever seen an NFL team drop everyone into coverage? Oh and your comment about only doing that in "obvious passing situations"? It was 2nd and 8 on that play (you can see it on the panel next to the video)...how is that an obvious passing situation? You also didn't mix up your coverages at all. I can tell the difference between people being in man and zone, your blitz was always man coverage. The ONLY change you made was to hot route someone into flat zones on either side because that's how I had to burn you most game.

I don't care that you only had two sacks, you ran the same blitz every play. My adjustment was to take the snap and throw a hot read, it worked enough to win...so technically I did make an adjustment.

You say that your overload blitz sends 5 blitzers and 4 down lineman, so you only have 2 men in coverage? Not even an engage eight only has two cover men. On top of that, ask any of the better players in the group about my passing attack, FF, Greener, Surf, EZ, Jmo...there's NO WAY you'd even come remotely close to being able to defend my passing attack with only 2 cover men. I would have put up 100 on you if that were the case.

Like I said, I'm not complaining because I'm a sore loser, I WON THE GAME. I'm complaining because the only difference between you and the random lobby bums I use to work on my game is the fact that you punt on 4th and long. The goal of this group is to exercise SIM football, dropping everyone into coverage, and running the same cheesy ass outside blitz all game that doesnt get blocked IS NOT SIM FOOTBALL. Take that garbage back to the play now rooms.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:13 pm

If i ran the same play Whitner wouldnt have gotten a sack. Hes not on the field in that formation. I run Nickel Normal Strong ,4-4 , 4-3, and dime. I dont run the same play all game. Ill disguise the blitz and drop everyone in coverage and make you think the heat is coming. that way your quick pass is defended by my LBs playing DE and one tackle is in qb spy the other one is dropping back or rushing the passer in some cases. Hell the play i run already has my DEs in hook zones (Yellow zones for you noobs).

I just dont get why last time i was nanoing you and this time you said i was user blitzing running into guys to create an unblockable blitz when I was doing any of the such. and its man coverage btw! Everyone is covered by someone!
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:16 pm

Ive defended myself and have said what I have to say, Im not going to argue with you like a child. I like playing in this franchise, I play by the rules and enjoy being part of this community win or lose, this is the best damn franchise community Ive ever been in. So you have a good night and hope to play you again!!!
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Cheddah I think he meant that he rushed 5 people total, 4 of them were linemen and the other one was a cb.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:24 pm

Lol ok so I just made all that shit up for no reason...after a game I won. Right. You're game's a joke as far as being SIM is concerned. I asked some of the best players if they had played you while I was drafting and they all laughed and clowned your garbage lobby style game. I'm not even close to being one of the better players here and I still managed to overcome your cheese and beat you with a team full of garbage players. I actually do hope I get to play you again. Easy win, more replays for me to save to prove you're not SIM.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:31 pm

the blitz thing - not against the rules... BUT DROPPING 12 GUYS INTO COVERAGE - that speaks to in itself...

WE CAN MAKE A RULE FOR EVERY 'NON-SIM THING GUYS DREAM UP" (like sending 12 guys into coverage) - U HAVE TO EXERCISE JUDGEMENT - AND NOT PULL CRAP LIKE THAT - think of the plays u run - and if it wouldnt happen on SUNDAY - DONT DO IT...

Btw -0 if u rush only 1 PASSER - and drop 11 - that would all into opur 1-5-5 rule - and i think we can cover it there (making allowances to do it sometimes) BUT SO GUYS CANT MAKE THAT THERE BASE DEFENSE...

In the end u won the game cheddah - if u would have lost - stickstick would face some sort tangible sanction - BUT NOW HE GETS A warning (and he has already agreed not to run his 0-0-11 defense!!) - and he has been officialy warned about only rushing 1 passer - and how it may not be called froma 1-5-5 BUT FOR AL INTENSE AND PURPOSES - it is and is subject to that rule...
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:34 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:the blitz thing - not against the rules... BUT DROPPING 12 GUYS INTO COVERAGE - that speaks to in itself...

WE CAN MAKE A RULE FOR EVERY 'NON-SIM THING GUYS DREAM UP" (like sending 12 guys into coverage) - U HAVE TO EXERCISE JUDGEMENT - AND NOT PULL CRAP LIKE THAT - think of the plays u run - and if it wouldnt happen on SUNDAY - DONT DO IT...

Btw -0 if u rush only 1 PASSER - and drop 11 - that would all into opur 1-5-5 rule - and i think we can cover it there (making allowances to do it sometimes) BUT SO GUYS CANT MAKE THAT THERE BASE DEFENSE...

In the end u won the game cheddah - if u would have lost - stickstick would face some sort tangible sanction - BUT NOW HE GETS A warning (and he has already agreed not to run his 0-0-11 defense!!) - and he has been officialy warned about only rushing 1 passer - and how it may not be called froma 1-5-5 BUT FOR AL INTENSE AND PURPOSES - it is and is subject to that rule...

wish i could play with 12 on defense...

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:45 pm

Lol yeah i got that after the fact. But oh well.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:50 pm

surfnturf90 wrote:
GREENERRRR wrote:the blitz thing - not against the rules... BUT DROPPING 12 GUYS INTO COVERAGE - that speaks to in itself...

wish i could play with 12 on defense...

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Greeners from canada...maybe they allow 12 on each side in their football? I know they have a shit ton of crazy rules lol.

I don't care what happens with sickstick. I don't care how people play, I'll find a way to win, but I was told to call people out for being unsim and that's what I did. Furthermore, just because it happens in the NFL doesn't always mean it should be employed here. Peyton Manning used a no-huddle offense most games. If I ran the no huddle offense I like to run in lobby games when people are being cheesy I'd be ejected after a game. So people can't use EVERYTHING they see on sundays...
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:09 am

haha i forgot greener's from canada, i think they do have 12 on the field up there in that wilderness.

I talked to sickxstick, I think he's honestly trying to play sim, he's just still learning some of our rules. obviously the dropping 11 into coverage has to go, and he said he'd stop that. as far as the blitz, saastar just posted about it in ez so maybe there's something to it, but i played him 2 a couple days ago and I honestly didn't notice anything like a nano. He sometimes got guys in there pretty quick, but so Deathwish, CP, JMO, Greener, Falcon, etc when they want to. I just played greener in in vista and he had a cb blitz that literally tackled my qb after 1 or 2 steps the first time. next time i saw him line it up i shifted my line, rolled the other way, and hit somebody deep for a big gain. Unless sick was actually doing a nano, all those blitzes can be countered by something, it's just a matter of finding it.

Just my 2 cents, obviously i didn't watch the game so i don't know what was going on, but i don't think that sick is intentionally cheezing.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:22 am

Yeah I didn't say the blitz was illegal, it's that he ran it ALL game. But like I said it's not a big deal to me I just thought I was supposed to be calling people out for not being SIM.
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

MY TAKE

Post by saastar on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:36 am

i played him and his offense didnt seem like all the same routes and stuff.. but he was down in our gm so he had no choice but to throw deep balls and this was in ez lg.. but his defense (which we only played 1 half before he conceded) is alittle fishy.. like atleast 3 times when i tried to drop back with chad henne i had a dt or Lb in my face just after a 3 step drop... i mean didnt even look like the oline picked up no one.. so in our gm he did some of the things cheedah mentioned but he didnt do it all the time but about 3 times in or game..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:49 am

dude i wasnt trying in that game i was sending messages to my friend about another franchise. i didnt even play D. I play offense! So no you never saw my blitz saastar. Greener on the other hand just played me and saw it. Ask him about it
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top