* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

A few questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A few questions

Post by BansheeGoose on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:03 pm

Yo guys, I just joined the madden group a couple days ago and look forward to playing in ezweightloss's franchise soon.

I do have a few questions though.

1) How would one take video evidence at the end of a game if you think someone was cheesing?

2) Are there any set rules on how you draft players in fantasy draft?

3) Do you guys have any tips on how I can practice and get better at SIM madden, because online isn't cutting it with the kickoff exploit and gratuitous nano blitzes?

So yeah that's it, I hope to play with yall soon.

BansheeGoose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A few questions

Post by GREENERRRR on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:12 pm

BansheeGoose wrote:Yo guys, I just joined the madden group a couple days ago and look forward to playing in ezweightloss's franchise soon.

I do have a few questions though.

1) How would one take video evidence at the end of a game if you think someone was cheesing?

2) Are there any set rules on how you draft players in fantasy draft?

3) Do you guys have any tips on how I can practice and get better at SIM madden, because online isn't cutting it with the kickoff exploit and gratuitous nano blitzes?

So yeah that's it, I hope to play with yall soon.

1) - after each online franchise game- there is a game recap section - go to game highlights and there is a catologue of the plays run in the game - save the highlight (under the best camera angle) - than upload to your ea profile - than provide a link to tyhe commish of you ea profile and tel him whioch rule your opponent broke - and any iother info he may need...

2) there are no set rules on how u draft your team... every1 has their OPINION - but these differences are what makes things interstn..

3) - playn SIM gm against random in the lobbies IS A CRAP SHOOT - u can try gettn some1 form the madden Group to play you as an exhibition game - maybe add guys who have already signed upf ro the franchise (but some of these guys will be new too - and so they may not be 100% up to speed on our rules too)... u cna right down a bunch if ids of guys that u see postn on here a lot - send em friend requests - and try to get some non online franchise games in... it is always good to LAB with some1 to try and work out plays that meet our SIM threshold and u want to PERFECT...

*** all great questions in this post - welcomne to the Madden Groupo and i am looking forward to playn you!
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeGoose on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:44 pm

Thanks for your reply, that did clear up a lot. I guess I better do some player scouting too so I don't get screwed over when the draft happens too lol.

BansheeGoose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:49 am

Hey bro, welcome to the Madden Group!

Not sure if you ever been through a fantasy draft before with 32 human players, but I can help you out with a few tips:

1. Speed Kills - 90% of the players draft speed early, often, and throughout the draft. Even if you are more of a runner than passer, its good to grab a couple speed players at skill positions (i.e. WR, HB, TE, CB, LB, S).

2. Youth, Youth and more Youth - The younger the players you draft, the better. They progress more than an older player, will be around longer, and are worth more in trade value. If you know the potential of the player, which I believe is NOT shown during the draft, that's even better. The more young, A and B potential players the better. However, some over value youth and will pass over guys in the late 20s/early 30s that are great players and will be around for atleast 3-4 seasons. By then you will have multiple chances in the rookie draft to draft a rookie to replace your older vets.

3. Be prepared - Each pick has a time limit, ranging from 1 minute to 15 seconds (depends on what the commish sets) and can be changed from round to round. When its almost your turn to pick, have 3 guys you target so incase the first 2 are gone you already know who you want when your on the clock. Also, look beyond the first 5 -6 players at each position. Sometimes their will be a young stud that is only a couple overall rating points lower than the older players ahead of them. Don't assume that since your targeted player is 5-6 spots down that the guy infront of you won't take him. Always have a Plan A, B, C and D so your not stuck scrambling for a good player because the guy you wanted was taken the pick prior to you.

Most of all have fun and good luck bro!
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlarman on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:53 am

Hey banshee I haven't been in MG long and am definitely not the best, but I do have a decent amount of free time during the day if you want to add me, I would be happy to play some games with you, and I think I have a decent grasp of the rules.

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:16 am

PapZ that was a awsum post broh!

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:59 am

hey bro if you wanna play a game and work on your sim skills you can hit me up on psn. hope i can make your experience in the madden group as pleasurable as possible.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:16 am

u can add me too, and if u have a mic i do as well...there are plenty guys who would spend some time just goin over whats kosher. i think its great someone actually took the time to ask for some advice to being a better sim player...gotta respect that.
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Shlarman wrote:Hey banshee I haven't been in MG long and am definitely not the best, but I do have a decent amount of free time during the day if you want to add me, I would be happy to play some games with you, and I think I have a decent grasp of the rules.

thats great to speak of Shlarman - i am impressed - Often guys join the group (and have intentions of being SIm and following our rules) - but dont make the effort to learn the rules until we threaten to bounce them because they have broke rules aboutsa ome1 (and that person has made the effort to save teh footage and tell the commish),,,

1 AM 100% CONVINCED BOTH OF YOU WILL BE GREAT MEMBERS FOR THE MADDEN GROUP - AND I AM HAPPY U HAVE GIVEN US A CHANCE TO SHOW THE VALUE IN OUR COMMUNITY!!!
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeGoose on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Wow, such a supportive group :0

Thanks to everybody for the help, I'll be sure to add all of you when I get on my ps3 (in about 30 seconds >_>)

And double thanks to papz, that post was very informative and helpful!

BansheeGoose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:28 pm

BansheeGoose wrote:Wow, such a supportive group :0

Thanks to everybody for the help, I'll be sure to add all of you when I get on my ps3 (in about 30 seconds >_>)

And double thanks to papz, that post was very informative and helpful!

Hey no problem bro. I was apart of 1 draft and learned a few things pretty quick of what makes a successful draft. You can even look at all the players at a certain position (i.e. FS) and then say there are 10 guys you wouldn't mind having on your team, so you could wait a couple rounds to draft one, but say there is less talented young OLBs you like then you can take one of them before you take a FS, just as an example. I tried doing an offline franchise draft before the online draft just to get a feel where guys would go in what rounds and what not and learned the CPU drafts A LOT diffrent than humans in an online franchise. A guy like that's a 90 and 33 years old will last longer than a 82 overall that's 25 years old with human drafts because the younger guy will improve and has more years and trade value than an older higher rated player.

If you have any questions about drafft strategy or whatever bro you can PM me or email at Papdugi369@gmail.com and I will help you the best I can.

Good Luck with everything bro, and trust me as long as you enjoy Sim Style Football you will have fun here at the Madden Group.
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top