* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
groupme


groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

slackers and extensions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

slackers and extensions

Post by ezweightloss on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:22 pm

all our leagues are running into extensions periods and it's very frustrating. i see alot of ppl are playing new games now like fallout or 2k11 but it's not that hard to get a game of madden in then switch back over. and if you aren't gonna come on madden then y are you in the madden group? if we keep having extensions madden 12 will be out before we make it 10 years in these leagues. cmon guys let's get our act together.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Posts : 976
Join date : 2010-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:46 pm

I hear you bro, but at the same time people have a right to play other things besides madden. Also, sometimes people are busy. I haven't noticed any extensions recently until this weekend and I'm ok with that. Personally, I'm extremely busy with things more important than video games on the weekends, so it's hard to get my games in. I'm sure other people are in the same situation, it's probably just the weekends.
avatar
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2648
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 31
Location : NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by GREENERRRR on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:14 pm

i have definietely seen more 3 day game periods than 2; - but i dont get too upset about that on weekends - nevertheless this sityuation is only gonna get owrse with ModerWarfare coming out on Remberance Day (Treaty oF vARSAY dAY OR i THINK IT vETERANS dAY iN usa) - nov 11 - which i scool - thyatrs a popular agme - just as long as every1 fulfills their committments that they made in August and september to the Madden group...
avatar
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2705
Join date : 2010-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by ezweightloss on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:18 pm

yeah i completely understand that people are busy sometimes. but either don't overcommit to many franchises or make sure to get your game(s) in within 48 hours. that is the standard of the madden group thus by being a part of it that standard is applicable to all. and yes everyone has a right to play different games, i never said they didnt, but it's not kool when you message someone, even a commish (bigmullet *cough cough*) and they completely ignore you because they are on these other games. atleast take the time to message someone back. and if you're gonna spend your whole day on fallout or 2k11 or w/e it wouldn't kill you to take a break for an hour and get your game in.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Posts : 976
Join date : 2010-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by tomer629 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:17 am

ezweightloss wrote:yeah i completely understand that people are busy sometimes. but either don't overcommit to many franchises or make sure to get your game(s) in within 48 hours. that is the standard of the madden group thus by being a part of it that standard is applicable to all. and yes everyone has a right to play different games, i never said they didnt, but it's not kool when you message someone, even a commish (bigmullet *cough cough*) and they completely ignore you because they are on these other games. atleast take the time to message someone back. and if you're gonna spend your whole day on fallout or 2k11 or w/e it wouldn't kill you to take a break for an hour and get your game in.

so im not the only one that bigmullet ignores while he plays fallout?

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 156
Join date : 2010-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by falconfansince81 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:33 am

tomer629 wrote:
ezweightloss wrote:yeah i completely understand that people are busy sometimes. but either don't overcommit to many franchises or make sure to get your game(s) in within 48 hours. that is the standard of the madden group thus by being a part of it that standard is applicable to all. and yes everyone has a right to play different games, i never said they didnt, but it's not kool when you message someone, even a commish (bigmullet *cough cough*) and they completely ignore you because they are on these other games. atleast take the time to message someone back. and if you're gonna spend your whole day on fallout or 2k11 or w/e it wouldn't kill you to take a break for an hour and get your game in.

so im not the only one that bigmullet ignores while he plays fallout?

not at all

i see it too, half the vip games that was a league supposedly compised of 'active' members are only playing half the games, and not even making an attempt to get on. maybe its cause its week 17 and their seasons over but still, same goes for mg league had to give an extension every week. 75% of the people in these franchises just suck at communication.
avatar
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 36
Location : Youngstown, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by Deathwish22 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:51 pm

tomer629 wrote:
ezweightloss wrote:yeah i completely understand that people are busy sometimes. but either don't overcommit to many franchises or make sure to get your game(s) in within 48 hours. that is the standard of the madden group thus by being a part of it that standard is applicable to all. and yes everyone has a right to play different games, i never said they didnt, but it's not kool when you message someone, even a commish (bigmullet *cough cough*) and they completely ignore you because they are on these other games. atleast take the time to message someone back. and if you're gonna spend your whole day on fallout or 2k11 or w/e it wouldn't kill you to take a break for an hour and get your game in.

so im not the only one that bigmullet ignores while he plays fallout?

Nope...he as been ignoring me too. I've been trying for 3 days to get our game in with Bigmullet...in greeners franchise. Ridiculous
avatar
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 1984
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 36
Location : Cincinnati, OH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by JDB721 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:55 pm

LOL big mullet
avatar
JDB721
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 332
Join date : 2010-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by Deathwish22 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:56 pm

I will tell you what else is the problem...there are too many leagues. I warned all of you about this before. But no one listens. Every single one of these leagues has the same exact people in it...minus a few that have about half of the people that are in every other league. It's not just the new games. I'm sorry...but if you're in more than 4 franchises...that is too much. These new leagues are popping up everywhere...we ran ourselves into the ground last year doing the same thing. If you wanna create a new league and run it...do so...but don't keep requesting the players in all the other franchises to join. It's absolutely ridiculous...I've been fortunate so far though...that I haven't had to grant any extensions...but I also have the most active league because I put all my time and efforts into my league instead of focusing on 2 or 3 leagues like some of you. I'm not naming any names...but the problem stems deeper than just the fact that new games keep coming out.
avatar
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 1984
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 36
Location : Cincinnati, OH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by JDB721 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:00 pm

I concur I'm only in 4
avatar
JDB721
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 332
Join date : 2010-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by ezweightloss on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:10 pm

well i'm in 8 franchises and i make time for all my games. i probably have more free time than most people considering i only got to school 2 days a week. but regardless i think everyone should know there limits. don't overcommit if you can't handle it, etc. and yeah mullet's moved really fast last season, but now that he is ignoring everyone we are moving slower than molasses in the winter time. i think deathwish makes a good point and maybe next year we should make a few less franchises available. like the usuals, deathwish, kight, greener, maybe another cpu draft and vip and cap it there. cuz mo3stikidd and cantbbeat failed miserably wasting our time, and vista's kinda went downhill but greener is in the process of resurrecting it. and that's alot of responsibility on greener to be commishing 3 franchises. i'm thinking bout helping him out rather than starting up that new league that is taking applicants. just some ideas.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Posts : 976
Join date : 2010-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by Deathwish22 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:43 pm

I think you should definitely help out greener bro. He's got a lot on his shoulders...and know he's also in like 10 franchises too.
avatar
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 1984
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 36
Location : Cincinnati, OH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by Vista3131 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:45 am

In hindsite, The worst thing I did EZ is push you out of the role of commishioner of that league and say I would run it. For that I am sorry.

When you wanted to change the draft date after the vote was taken I just thought it would not be cool and I had recruited many of the players for the draft. As it turned out, all but three Fyahnuts, MoWarrior79 and Str8Coach they have all Quit!

I had no idea the commitment it would take, It is more then just advancing weeks. The messages the complaints just got to be too much for me as I really just want to play maybe post a message or two.

I like to recruit, help with set up and get things off the ground but not run things.

I would love to see you take a active status in any league as you seem to have your heart in the right place.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 387
Join date : 2010-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by ezweightloss on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:38 pm

don't worry about it vista. i completely understand where you were coming from. its just at the particular day my mom was having surgery so i couldn't make arrangements. and yeah commishing is a lot of work. well being a good one atleast lol. i have a lot of respect for the commishes in our leagues and especially ff and greener which commish multiple leagues. but i'ma take over greener 2 and help greener out. so everything is working out. thank you for the effort you put forth though.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Posts : 976
Join date : 2010-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by PaPZ187 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:20 am

Deathwish22 wrote:I will tell you what else is the problem...there are too many leagues. I warned all of you about this before. But no one listens. Every single one of these leagues has the same exact people in it...minus a few that have about half of the people that are in every other league. It's not just the new games. I'm sorry...but if you're in more than 4 franchises...that is too much. These new leagues are popping up everywhere...we ran ourselves into the ground last year doing the same thing. If you wanna create a new league and run it...do so...but don't keep requesting the players in all the other franchises to join. It's absolutely ridiculous...I've been fortunate so far though...that I haven't had to grant any extensions...but I also have the most active league because I put all my time and efforts into my league instead of focusing on 2 or 3 leagues like some of you. I'm not naming any names...but the problem stems deeper than just the fact that new games keep coming out.

I gotta agree with Deathwish here. I am in 2 leagues, and taking on the 2nd league I was a little skeptic at first, but I am glad I did it, both Deathwish and FalconFan are great commishoners who truley put the time and effort into these franchises and I would hope to be in these guys leagues next year as well. I am active, I make trades and offers, post a little here and there and check out free agents when I get a chance, plus play my games on time and also communicate with both my opponents and commishoners. Thats plenty for me personally, anymore would just be too much and take the fun out of it for me personally.

Some can handle more than 2 or 3, thats fine. There should probably be a limit though, that way we are not starting up leagues with 80% of the same players and only start a new league once the other leagues are full with TRUE active players and have atleast been through one season, then that way the new players can be apart of a new league or fill a vacant spot in a current league. Just my opinion...
avatar
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 154
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 34
Location : Lawrence, MA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by kavorka2 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:06 am

Fyahnuts- I'm supposed to play him in Vista Lg week 17. I send him 3 messages and no response, so I assume hes in a game. Turns out, he had sent a message to greenerrr that he was in a game and could play me after. After waiting for almost two hours, what a surprise, he just signs off without sending a single message. Anyone else have problems with this guy? Just frustrating he sends messages to other people except to the one he is suppose to play... inconsiderate

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 203
Join date : 2010-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by Cheddah_Cheez on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:00 am

PaPZ187 wrote:
Deathwish22 wrote:I will tell you what else is the problem...there are too many leagues. I warned all of you about this before. But no one listens. Every single one of these leagues has the same exact people in it...minus a few that have about half of the people that are in every other league. It's not just the new games. I'm sorry...but if you're in more than 4 franchises...that is too much. These new leagues are popping up everywhere...we ran ourselves into the ground last year doing the same thing. If you wanna create a new league and run it...do so...but don't keep requesting the players in all the other franchises to join. It's absolutely ridiculous...I've been fortunate so far though...that I haven't had to grant any extensions...but I also have the most active league because I put all my time and efforts into my league instead of focusing on 2 or 3 leagues like some of you. I'm not naming any names...but the problem stems deeper than just the fact that new games keep coming out.

I gotta agree with Deathwish here. I am in 2 leagues, and taking on the 2nd league I was a little skeptic at first, but I am glad I did it, both Deathwish and FalconFan are great commishoners who truley put the time and effort into these franchises and I would hope to be in these guys leagues next year as well. I am active, I make trades and offers, post a little here and there and check out free agents when I get a chance, plus play my games on time and also communicate with both my opponents and commishoners. Thats plenty for me personally, anymore would just be too much and take the fun out of it for me personally.

Some can handle more than 2 or 3, thats fine. There should probably be a limit though, that way we are not starting up leagues with 80% of the same players and only start a new league once the other leagues are full with TRUE active players and have atleast been through one season, then that way the new players can be apart of a new league or fill a vacant spot in a current league. Just my opinion...

You know what? A few days ago and I would have disagreed with you. I'm in 5 leagues, and although I have the time to get all my games in, I wish I could cut it down to maybe just 2. I think it's the leagues themselves though. The cpu drafted lg was a great idea, but I think some people just quit bc they couldn't play with the team that was given to them, instead of trying to make trades or adapt their style. The only reason I even play madden right now is bc of these leagues, but they're just not fun, except for Deathwish's league. That league's the only one where a lot of the guys are active on the boards making posts, keeping stats, etc etc. but the rest of them, no one posts about anything unless its a scouting report complaining about someone that beat them and they think its cheesy, or unless they want to trade a player for a ridiculously unfair amount. In all honesty, if I was allowed to drop all my other leagues and still remain in the group so I could play in DW's lg, I totally would have. It's just a combination of the inactivity of the majority of the leagues and the shitty gameplay of madden in general that make it so tough. So I can definitely see why a majority of players don't care enough to get their games in.
avatar
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2648
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 31
Location : NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

yeah i hear what ur saying

Post by saastar on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:40 am

but what can u honestly do.... yeah u could delete some of these leagues and cut them down to like 4 or 5 tops but that aint going to make a difference.. bc the whole 48 hr u got to play ur game by rule... i mean i understand that most of these leagues if not all of them there is that u have to play by 48 hrs or if we have 70% of games done by 2nd day then u advance to next week... which i think the key problem is not having a set of rules to each franchise actually on the franchise page instead of the madden group main page!!! bc even when i joined the cpu drafted league and greenerr franchise 2 i didnt have a clue where the rules where until like 2 weeks ago when green told me they were on the main page where u got to click on madden group then rules.. the rules should be on ur franchise page so people know them better and u can make them stricter... bc after u sim about 3 or 4 games straight that person who had his games simmed is just going to say fuck it and quit the league.... and the next key problem is letting people back in the leagues when u boot them the first time!!! i mean come on.... what makes u think that after u boot him this time for not getting game in within 48 hrs that he is going to get his game in the next 48 hrs... most dont and u are letting them get 3 strikes so they just keep coming back not playing and u have to boot them again.. but the final problem i think this group has is u got about 5 or 6 leagues that are all the same!!!! i mean they are all fantasy draft franchises that advance every 48 hrs... except like the vip league that advances everyday except weekends.... then u have 1 league with normal rosters and now the cpu drafted league.. and thats it... all the rest are fantasy draft leagues that advance every 48 hrs depending on if the guys get their games in... and that seems boring to me.... i mean i know the madden servers sucking dick is a pain in the ass to!!!! but having like 5 or 6 franchises the same is retarded in my opinion... i would have like 2 or 3 fantasy draft leagues the normal way and thats it... then have 1 advancing every nite like the vip league... the cpu drafted league is something new... then u have that 1 normal roster franchise... u could add in like the 12 min quarter league for people who like to play longer games and not short fast ones... u could also mix up some of the things on the league... like doing players of the week or do something different from the other leagues.... bc i looked and almost all of them are the same layout as the other... i mean thats just my opinion on the topic....

sorry guys everything is so close together but i dont like using spaces or doing proper english... lmao i passed english 12 with a D... lol...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Posts : 1077
Join date : 2010-08-30
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by PaPZ187 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:57 am

Yeah I here what your saying saastar. You know, for new comers maybe it is hard for them to find the rules, I wouldn't have a problem posting them in the franchises I am in if that's cool with the commishoners, or better yet have a whole section dedicated to the rules. I signed up right before Madden came out, so I read them before ever playing a game and even asked Greener if they wanted to play a game with me just to see if they think I am legit. However, probably a lot of new guys are siging up and not seeing the rules page or just going straight to the league pages and signing up without looking through the board. That's a good idea, I like that one.

I guess, atleast for me, if some people want to be in 4-5 leagues then as long as they can play the games then that's fine, however being active on the boards and in the trading department makes the league a lot more fun and competitive and as well and are important.
avatar
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 154
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 34
Location : Lawrence, MA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by GREENERRRR on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:52 pm

SAASTAR - U GOT A POINT - i will look into making that addition - I KNEW YOU WERE A SHARP GUY - and just not ANOTHER PRETTY FACE!!!!
avatar
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2705
Join date : 2010-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ok green

Post by saastar on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:44 pm

u was suppose to finish ur comment with no homo!!! bc that comment has me scaried alittle bit... lol... just kidding..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Posts : 1077
Join date : 2010-08-30
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by falconfansince81 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:50 pm

clearly greener mean to leave it off Wink
avatar
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 36
Location : Youngstown, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: slackers and extensions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum